Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Hi Ziggar,
Thanks for the advice but i have been looking on google etc all day.I just thought someone on here might already be buying it at a good price that they could recommend....Cheers...Ian..
ziggar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-04-2005, 09:49 PM
No probs
my pet hate is people that cant be bothered to search for things theirselves
you didnt say that you had been searching all day

what sort of prices are you looking at anyway ?
what do you call cheap ?

Z
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Hi Ianiow,

I was asking where to get MSM from on the web the other day and someone recommended a company called www.zipvit.co.uk. I haven't tried them yet but was told they were good, although this may be one of the sites you have already checked out.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Foxy,thanks for the link.
Hi Ziggar, the prices seem to vary considerably and so does the P & P.At present i am paying £8.99 for 90- 1000mg capsules. You can get tablets cheaper but they are usually of a lower dose [720mg / 800mg ] plus it is better in capsule form as the powder dissolves quicker into the system.The lower the price the better as the dog that i am giving it to is 54kg so requires a large dose for it to have any effect.....Cheers...Ian...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi Ian have you tried Vetmedic as I use them for veterinary products that are much cheaper than buying from the vet. They are based in the u.k. and delivery is quite and they are very cheap.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks Helena, I'll take a look..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Ianiow,

Just wondered what do you use msm for, have you got an itchy dog and if it is for this have you found that it worked? I have a bichon who is scratching like mad at the moment and someone recommended MSM on another site and gave me the address of a westie site where a woman swears that since she gave her dog it and vitamin c as well that it stopped scratching within a couple of weeks. If you find the cheapest site could you let me know please. On the other site they told me to get pure MSM without any fillers in (although I don't know what the difference is do you?)

Thanks
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi Foxy,
My 3 year old American Bulldog has a skin condition called atopic dermatitis. He is allergic to pollen which as you can imagine can be a nightmare.[ same as hayfever in humans].What happens is that he will itch and then break the skin and it becomes infected needing anti-biotic treatment.Fortunately i have it under control at the moment.The reason for the msm is that it is an organic form of sulphur so should be of benefit to the skin and boost the immune system.What i did find that a change in diet from dry to raw helped a lot.The problem with skin conditions in dogs is finding the underlying cause and diet is the obvious one.I had my dog blood tested to see what he was showing an intolerence to and also skin tested.He is fine with foods but it was the grass pollen etc he had a reaction too.At present he is going through a course of de-sensitisation injections which i give him every 3 weeks and he has been having these for 9 months now and touch wood they seem to be working as the offending allergens have been recognised.I still have to bath him regularly with an anti-bacterial shampoo but at least he does not have to have steroids and if he does only a very low dose just to take any lumps down.Looking at him now you would not know he had a skin problem and 12 months ago he was really ill with it.I am still comparing prices for the msm at the moment as i just bought 90 capsules from www.hyperdrug.com to go on with and i have been giving them for only 4 days now.Regards being pure all sites will list the ingredients of each capsule....Good luck with your Bichon and i sure you will get the scratching sorted...Cheers....Ian..
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Foxy and Ian, dont know how true this is but someone told me that their dog was allergic to pollen, and were advised by someone that if they could find a LOCAL bee keeper and get honey from them, this they did, apparently the local bees obviously used the local plants to make their honey and, by feeding this honey to their dog each day 1tsp, the dog became desensatised they lived in an area that had a lot of rape fields, so this was in the honey, it may be worth a try, it worked for them, also have you tried human shops for the MSM, I noticed today in Holland & Barret that they sell it but did not take note of the price,, its sometimes a lot cheaper to buy the human made products than the animal.

Mo
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Mo,
Thanks for the advice.It certainly makes a lot of sense. Regards Holland and Barrett i have just recieved a catologue through the post today and you are certainly right about supplements labelled for humans bieng cheaper than the canine equivalent [which in most cases the same].Evening primrose oil capsules are a perfect example....Cheers...Ian..
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >