Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 10:00 AM

Dog World critiques

Hi,

Does anyone have access to Dog World on line know if you can search for critiques by dog name/other detail rather than wading through lots of info? If so, would anyone mind seeing if there are a couple of critiques for my dog. I have an online account with Our Dogs but they haven't appeared there yet, and the shows were back in May/June. Both were breed club shows. If anyone can help, I'll let you know the details.

Thanks
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Kate

anyone can access DogWorld online now...they have free listings of write-ups and breed notes...their news pages too...Its not the whole paper but covers the bits you are interested in...just google DW and register online and you will have access to all their published write-ups (actually that may just be Ch Shows, I'm not 100% certain)

Mary
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 10:58 AM
The judge of the class my boy won on the 20th July didnt send his notes in

Apparently the show is featured in this/next weeks issue. So am thinking if your show was may/june they should be available by now?

this chap was very nice and helpful tom.burrington@dogworld.co.uk
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Mary,

Yes you're right, it's only the general Champ show reports & breed notes which you can access for free

Dobermonkey, if it was an Open show with many breeds, the critiques seems to be published gradually, ie Labs, Pointers etc one week, Dalmations and pugs the next and so on. So even if some reports from the show you attended are in there this week, there could be more in the coming weeks - unless you know for a fact that the judge didn't submit critiques to either paper at all (very bad of him, did he even write any?).

Anyhow, someone had a look on Dog World on line, and still no sign. Will keep waiting
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 12:57 PM
He def didnt submit any to dog world :/

how can i find out if he submitted one to ourdogs?

Im pretty sure he wrote some unless he was pretending to write as we stood there like narnas
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I have an on-line account for Our Dogs, so if you PM me the show and your dog's breed & name I'll have a look for you if you like.

K
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi, I just wondered whilst on the subject of judges reports, if they dont put them in dog world or our dogs, is there anywhere else they submit them? I thought they must have to have them some where so that people can see them, its such a shame if you cant see the write up you got.
Shelly
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Call the papers show report section to check to see if they've been submitted or email them. They're pretty good at getting back. If they come back saying they never received it, contact the secretary of the show and ask if the judge has submitted a critique to them and was it in their contract. If it was then the secretary is obligated to chase it up. If it isn't then I'm afraid the judge has no obligation to even write a critique.
It is worth checking with the papers though as they do lose them. I'm still chasing them to print a critique I wrote for a show I judged in APRIL. I've emailed it them three times and attached the critique but still not been printed
So not always the judge at fault
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for that, I've emailed both papers. They were both Airedale club shows and I'm pretty sure both judges would have been contracted to submit critiques (they both wrote notes after judging). Will see what the papers say.
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you I will check also, its handy to now how to find out these things, thank you again
Shelly