Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi,

I just read about this and just wanted to say i'm thinking about you and Cassie, hope she is ok. Hopefully the vets will be able to get to the bottom of it.

Deedee
kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2008, 02:08 AM
So Sorry, I've just read your other thread,
I know how you are feeling, my GSD is epilepic, and is very scary to see them have a seizure. but try not to panic, I know that is easier said than done.

I don't know if this will help you at all, but when Kira has had a fit I give her a little honey, or organic Ice-cream, as this helps to bring her sugar level back up and can help to stop any more fits.

I really feel for you, and I'm sending healing hugs to you and your little one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 05:26 AM
I hope your dear Cassie is ok now and everything has calmed down till you can get to your vet.
Sending you loads of (((hugs))) as it must be so awful for you.
I have never had a dog that fitted and I am not sure how I would cope or even if I could, so I am holding you and cassie close in my thoughts and sending all the positive vibes I can muster that the rest of the night has passed quietly for you both.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2008, 05:52 AM
So sorry to hear about Cassie thinking of you.xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Oh no , how awful I was really hoping yesterdays one was a one off, lets hope the vet can get to bottom of this and you have a peacefull weekend poor, poor Cassie, I'm so, so sorry this is happening to you, all my prayers are for Cassie, big ((((((HUGS))))))
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry. Hopefully some meds will get the fitting under control. Let us know once you've managed to see your vet.

Thinking of you honey - you know where I am xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
Hi,

I just read about this and just wanted to say i'm thinking about you and Cassie, hope she is ok. Hopefully the vets will be able to get to the bottom of it.

Deedee
Thank you. We managed to get a bit more sleep and are just waiting for the vet to open. She's ok for the minute and has had her doggy chocs.

Originally Posted by kachinas View Post
So Sorry, I've just read your other thread,
I know how you are feeling, my GSD is epilepic, and is very scary to see them have a seizure. but try not to panic, I know that is easier said than done.

I don't know if this will help you at all, but when Kira has had a fit I give her a little honey, or organic Ice-cream, as this helps to bring her sugar level back up and can help to stop any more fits.

I really feel for you, and I'm sending healing hugs to you and your little one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you. It's just so frightening and you feel so helpless

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I hope your dear Cassie is ok now and everything has calmed down till you can get to your vet.
Sending you loads of (((hugs))) as it must be so awful for you.
I have never had a dog that fitted and I am not sure how I would cope or even if I could, so I am holding you and cassie close in my thoughts and sending all the positive vibes I can muster that the rest of the night has passed quietly for you both.
Thank you. She's ok for now and has calmed down. xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So sorry to hear about Cassie thinking of you.xx
Thanks Lynnxx

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Oh no , how awful I was really hoping yesterdays one was a one off, lets hope the vet can get to bottom of this and you have a peacefull weekend poor, poor Cassie, I'm so, so sorry this is happening to you, all my prayers are for Cassie, big ((((((HUGS))))))
Thanks Christine. We were hoping it was a one off but it doesn't look that way now.xx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry. Hopefully some meds will get the fitting under control. Let us know once you've managed to see your vet.

Thinking of you honey - you know where I am xxxx
Thanks Vicki. They open at 9 so we're just waiting now. xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:28 AM
so sorry to hear this jackie. hope there is a simple soloution to cassie's problems.

hugs and sloppy blackie licks

sue
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Oh Jackie, what can I say..poor little mite, and poor you, I can just imagine how horrible it is for you at the moment, not really knowing whats happening with your darling girl.

At the beginning of the year Tawny kept having these little hiccup type fits, her legs would go from under her, there was no foaming but her pupils would dialate with each hiccup. She was rushed to the vets but they couldn't find anything wrong with her, they put it down to a phantom pregnancy. She has been spayed now, but Jill was aware of it when she took her on and she hasn't done it again since that time. I suppose all I'm trying to say is that there can sometimes be an underlying cause which, once diagnosed, can be controlled so that neither of you have to experience this again.

I have got everything crossed for that dear sweet little girl, and for you and John too. xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
so sorry to hear this jackie. hope there is a simple soloution to cassie's problems.

hugs and sloppy blackie licks

sue
Thanks Sue, appreciate it.xx

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh Jackie, what can I say..poor little mite, and poor you, I can just imagine how horrible it is for you at the moment, not really knowing whats happening with your darling girl.

At the beginning of the year Tawny kept having these little hiccup type fits, her legs would go from under her, there was no foaming but her pupils would dialate with each hiccup. She was rushed to the vets but they couldn't find anything wrong with her, they put it down to a phantom pregnancy. She has been spayed now, but Jill was aware of it when she took her on and she hasn't done it again since that time. I suppose all I'm trying to say is that there can sometimes be an underlying cause which, once diagnosed, can be controlled so that neither of you have to experience this again.

I have got everything crossed for that dear sweet little girl, and for you and John too. xxx
Thanks Sheree. Hopefully we never have to see it again. xxx
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »