View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks all for your replies. It seems I may have to wait a while longer then! As I am a newby to all this, critiques are useful to see what I need to be improving on etc, especially in a breed like mine where the grooming is so tricky.

First show was 5th May, Marlborough & District Canine Society. She won AVNSC Terrier puppy, then got Terrier puppy group 2. Her name is Sherifs Ruby Tuesday. Judge was writing away for what seemed like an age afterwards, so he must have some kind of critique to submit somewhere!

The other shows were in June, so they are probably still not published.

Do you have to subscribe to Dog World on line to look at critiques etc? I look at the Airedale breed notes, but they only ever have critiques for the Champ shows, and we've only done one of them so far.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Good for you hun, what a shame all judge's dont think this way I was really disappointed not to have my 2 fist critiques and was forewarned about this, and even asked each judge at the time if they would definitely be submitted. They should get fined also, even though it's only an open show !!!
I was gutted also never to see any of Maddy's even more so now she can't be shown anymore, especially as she got bpib at one of her first shows, that's quite a big achievement for a newbie and as Kate said, you want to know what got you there especially when you are new to it all. It is a shame that all judges don't think like Megan here. There was actually a bit in DW about this a few weeks ago.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Thanks all for your replies. It seems I may have to wait a while longer then! As I am a newby to all this, critiques are useful to see what I need to be improving on etc, especially in a breed like mine where the grooming is so tricky.

First show was 5th May, Marlborough & District Canine Society. She won AVNSC Terrier puppy, then got Terrier puppy group 2. Her name is Sherifs Ruby Tuesday. Judge was writing away for what seemed like an age afterwards, so he must have some kind of critique to submit somewhere!

Do you have to subscribe to Dog World on line to look at critiques etc? I look at the Airedale breed notes, but they only ever have critiques for the Champ shows, and we've only done one of them so far.
For the open shows yes you do need to subscribe.

Hopefully won't be too long now though for you
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post

Well as luck would have it. Just picked up one paper and your Malborough critique is in there.

Here it is

Judge John Griffin

Puppy (5/1a) Watts and Wardens Sherifs Ruby Tuesday, Airedale of 8 months, good head and ear placement, muscular neck, level back, moved well. BP

There's no Group Critique but don't know it was a different judge.
If you want the paper copy then PM me your address and i'll post it to you, or if you know someone who gets DogWorld it's in the June 20th edition on page 87
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Well as luck would have it. Just picked up one paper and your Malborough critique is in there.

Here it is

Judge John Griffin

Puppy (5/1a) Watts and Wardens Sherifs Ruby Tuesday, Airedale of 8 months, good head and ear placement, muscular neck, level back, moved well. BP

There's no Group Critique but don't know it was a different judge.
If you want the paper copy then PM me your address and i'll post it to you, or if you know someone who gets DogWorld it's in the June 20th edition on page 87
Thanks for that

He was nice and didn't mention her gangly Bambi legs which she's just about grown into now.

X
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2