View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akna
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Dobermonkey if you check out my website under training and events i am running a cani cross and bikejorring training session starting in april if you would like to come along???? April is fixed at Brooksby College and Castle Hill Country Park but i have spoken to several folk within the councils about going to other parks and its not a problem so what i will do is different runs for may, june etc so everyone gets the chance to perhaps try different areas, find nice walks, runs and perhaps let us know of a place so we can all learn about different areas within Leicestershire..... so pass it on if you know anyone else thats interested and get ya mountain bike sorted
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks Akna! I shall check it out!
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 05:35 PM
We took the dogs along the old mine track route that first got us thinking about cani-cross equipment. What a difference now we've got the equipment!!! Much more comfy for the dogs AND for us. And safer too as there's no risk of them suddenly bolting after a sheep and pulling the leash out of your hand!

Piccy from a couple of weeks ago in the collars and extender leads:

And today in harnesses, bungee's and waistbelts:

I thoroughly recommend this kit even if you never plan to run with your dog as it makes for safer, comfier cross-country walking!

We also had a friend email us to inform us that there's a weekly 5k timed run in one of our local country parks (5 minutes drive from our home), and that dogs are welcome. So we're now trying to recruit our dog owning friends so that we can have our own cani-cross events (until the sport arrives in Scotland). We have quite a few takers!

I think ours might prefer a slightly different format - perhaps longer distances with lots of stops and starts rather than steady running (so walk a bit, sprint a bit, jog a bit, sniff a bit, etc). So less of race and more of a cross-country romp. But we'll play it by ear
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Most sibe and Mal owners have been walking their dogs in walky belts forever! its not new thing

Oh and the sport has been in Scotland for some time!!! There are regular rallies with scooter and cani cross classes..just not for beagles
Sundance
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by scarter View Post
We took the dogs along the old mine track route that first got us thinking about cani-cross equipment. What a difference now we've got the equipment!!! Much more comfy for the dogs AND for us. And safer too as there's no risk of them suddenly bolting after a sheep and pulling the leash out of your hand!

Piccy from a couple of weeks ago in the collars and extender leads:

And today in harnesses, bungee's and waistbelts:

I thoroughly recommend this kit even if you never plan to run with your dog as it makes for safer, comfier cross-country walking!

We also had a friend email us to inform us that there's a weekly 5k timed run in one of our local country parks (5 minutes drive from our home), and that dogs are welcome. So we're now trying to recruit our dog owning friends so that we can have our own cani-cross events (until the sport arrives in Scotland). We have quite a few takers!

I think ours might prefer a slightly different format - perhaps longer distances with lots of stops and starts rather than steady running (so walk a bit, sprint a bit, jog a bit, sniff a bit, etc). So less of race and more of a cross-country romp. But we'll play it by ear
Your dogs look very fine in their kit! Hope your own cani-cross works out as it sounds like it will be loads of fun and a great way of enjoying your dogs with all your doggy friends.
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Some more snaps of our special variety of cani-cross taken on Friday. Beat this for a cross-country venue......

I think that's Ben Nevis in the background over to the left and covered in snow (above).

That's the Three Sisters of Glencoe in the background (I think).

There are actually advantages to a lack of organised events in the country ..... you get to hunt down your own locations!

Irvine beach the day before - 3 miles of golden sand, blue skies and not a soul in site!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Ah man! cant see pics (work security) we have some great views round our neck of the woods too but im sure nothing like yours!
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6