Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 08:28 PM

"Critique my dog" thread.

Nice Otter type head, nice keen eyes, nice correctly dropping ears, overall lovely head shape. Well put together little dog, nice straight front without too much bone, racy quarters, looks to be moving out lovely. Has some maturing to do, which I feel will do him justice, when he deepens in the chest a little more.

Please don't shoot me !
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Nice Otter type head, nice keen eyes, nice correctly dropping ears, overall lovely head shape. Well put together little dog, nice straight front without too much bone, racy quarters, looks to be moving out lovely. Has some maturing to do, which I feel will do him justice, when he deepens in the chest a little more.

Please don't shoot me !
Thank you, lovely comments. personally I think he's deep enough, but I agree with what you have said. I would like his tail a little shorter.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2007, 09:12 PM
To me, Orey would be as close to what I expect of a functional working Border as possible.
I don't know anything about Goldies to comment!
Are others allowed to post their dogs yet, or is it a one at a time thing?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thank you, lovely comments. personally I think he's deep enough, but I agree with what you have said. I would like his tail a little shorter.
Shorter ? Really ? I think his tail was lovely I agree I think his chest is deep enough for his age, I was just going by a few I've seen that were older and mature and looked more mature, whereas your boy does have that look bodily, of a youngster, if that makes sense :smt042
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Shorter ? Really ? I think his tail was lovely I agree I think his chest is deep enough for his age, I was just going by a few I've seen that were older and mature and looked more mature, whereas your boy does have that look bodily, of a youngster, if that makes sense :smt042
Yes makes perfect sense, and he was stripped out too. Re his tail, yes Id like it shorter, its a bit long for me personally, Im used to tails like this:

Im still chuffed to bits with him though, fantastic personality.

Thank you for your comments Luke, I agree he looks ok, we'll have to see how he performs now.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes makes perfect sense, and he was stripped out too. Re his tail, yes Id like it shorter, its a bit long for me personally, Im used to tails like this:

Im still chuffed to bits with him though, fantastic personality.

Thank you for your comments Luke, I agree he looks ok, we'll have to see how he performs now.
I would be chuffed too, he's cracking little dog, I bet you'll do well with him
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you Malady.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Are people just posting or are we sticking to a time limit per dog in order for critiques to be done for that dog before moving on? It is a bit confusing having lots at once. As a complete novice at comparing dogs to breed standards it would be nice to be able to compare one dog with several crtitiques, rather than lots of dogs all at once? Come on Dawn LOL, let`s have some guidelines? It a fab idea and a great way for people to learn more about expectations of breed.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I agree with Fudgeley...cos I've resorted to just looking at the pics cos the dogs are lovely!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 03:29 PM
What would be a useful thread as well is people picking out faults in there own dogs, cos we all have them, for comparison.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >