View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The time we all dread but hope we have the strength to cope and to do what is best for our beloved companion. Thinking of you.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 03:31 PM
oh michelle im so sorry to read your sad news , but you know what is best for fermeka thinking of you at this difficult time big hugs hun xxxDK
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Update-
Last night we were going to put her down. The vet came out only to find her temperature was really elevated. On more exam found swelling at the back of the head and neck. Pulled a blood panel,and the results were a high elevated white count showing infection. He suspected she actually has had spinal meningitis. While we cant tell for sure without a spinal tap and she is too weak to do one, we are treating her as such with major antibiotics and different medications. He gave her an antibiotic injection last night.
Today there are some signs of improvement. Not much- but I will take it.
CIDD ( or CIVD) can mimic meningitis and vice versa. Its hard to tell the difference between the two as the medical signs take longer to show up in blood work etc. ( it also would not be expected..) All of this makes sense now. Since meningitis is autoimmune triggered, and even her thyroid callasped during all this- now its falling into place.
Our prayers now is that this has not progressed too far to not give her a full recovery. We are however hopeful. Last night what was upsetting the most was that she didnt ' have that look in her eyes. You all know the look- the look of " I am ready to leave.." She just never had that...
I believe in the powers of prayer. And I won't give up on her. If we can manage the pain until the antibiotics can take hold, I pray this will be all behind us. I was critized earlier today for allowing this to continue. However- in my mind- its no different than if a person is misdiagnosed. You get the right treatment and keep trying. ...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Will be keeping my fingers crossed for a full recovery
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Michelle understand exactly what you are saying . If she did not have the look that says "Let me go" then you are right and should not be criticised. We know "Our" breed. Femka is in my thoughts and prayers and as I have already said I know that you will do the best for her and make the right decision whichever way it goes. This does look like a step in the right direction. Healing vibes and comforting cuddles to Femka and to you. Hang on in there. Eunice xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown...
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

07-08-2007, 06:44 AM
I do hope that Femka will make a full recovery. My prayers are with her and you as well. It must be a very trying time for you but I am sure everything will sort itself out. You are doing the right thing - Femka deserves to get herself thru' this bad time. It is not, hopefully, her time to go.

Good thoughts and wishes going to Femka and you as well.

Take care and big cuddles to Femka xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Hoping Femka makes a full recovery if the pain can be managed and you can rule out the previous diagnosis and this is something that Femka will recover from of course you have to try.If it is what was previously thought then you know what you have to do and had already made that decision.Wishing you all the best.xx
How can people criticise it is very hard when in this posiiton until told differently we clutch at any little ray of hope given to us.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi Michelle I watched the music video of your lovely girl, it is so very sad that she should have such a dreadful illness. If warm healing thoughts can help her they are on their way in plenty from Dogsey members.

Stay strong (hug) xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

This must be so hard for you but be strong in the knowledge that you are doing everything you can for her and above all you are giving her love.

Fingers crossed
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »