Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2007, 03:23 PM

The final decission..

Femka has CIDD ( certival intertebral disc disease) that showed up 3 weeks ago out of no where.. This is a pain filled excruating disease, progressive, degenerative and aggressive. Pain management is not working, and now she is showing liver function problems from the medications.
Femka is normally a stoic little girl, and now in pain all the time. Considering the the pain management medications have already started to degenerate her other systems, the decission has been made.
I am afraid I am at a loss for words. To us- we have had her two and half years, and to us- this came out of no where..
We are taking her to the vet on monday. Considering to her life is miserable, unless they can come up with a medication that works for the pain in her discs, ( which is highly doubtful) we have made that awful decission.
It upsets me that it appears they knew the condition was there from her previous owners. Instead of dealing with us, placed her up for adoption, having us loose our hearts to my girl, and we are left with the aftermath.
AT this point we are hoping for the weekend we can keep her comfortable. Unlike hotties condition which would leave him parazlied, at least he would feel no pain. Femka is in pain all the time, and the medications ( rimadryl and roboxin) is shutting down other organs, leaving her with little in dignity..
I am not sure what else to say.. The decission is just that- the one we pray we never have to make..
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
It's the right one to make, if her quality of life is one that is poor then we owe it to them to let them go humanely.
Thinking of you.
Becky
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Well done for thinking of your girl first. My thoughts & prayers eill be with you on Monday
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
So sorry to hear this news on Femka. But your decision is the right one, her quality of life is the most important. It is such a hard decision to make but we all have to think what kind of life is it for them to carry on. Will be thinking of you on monday.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear about Femka, What an awful time for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Although a hard one it is the right decision.
Sending loads of (((Hugs))) and love from us here.xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
So sorry to hear about Femka Will be thinking of you on Monday xx
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
So sorry,Thinking of you all x
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I am proud of you. You are putting your lass before yourself and that is so brave of you. Having been in this situation, as have most of us here, we are all behind you and feeling your pain and sadness. Take comfort in the knowledge that you have given Femka a wonderful life and painless and dignified end.
my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Clipper & the furry gang.
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2007, 04:45 PM
How awful, and I know it doesn't help how you are feeling, but you are doing the right thing for Femka. Thinking of you all at this terrible time.

Sarah x
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »