View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 12:33 AM
really pleased that your new was good news,(compared to what you thought)its quite managable,and he will be around for years to come,you will be a expert in a couple weeks time,there sent to try us and by crikey they do,give royce a big hug from me, been off all afternoon and only just came on to see how royce is xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
really pleased that your new was good news,(compared to what you thought)its quite managable,and he will be around for years to come,you will be a expert in a couple weeks time,there sent to try us and by crikey they do,give royce a big hug from me, been off all afternoon and only just came on to see how royce is xx

thanks so much zb, Also thanks for bombarding me with pms today to keep my mind off it,,,, it worked,,,but I knew what yer game was,....
shona x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Yes I had a chat to James about the possibility of it being hereditary, He said its not,,, thank god,, I had been so upset at the thought of calling people to drop a bomb shell like that,,,but James assures me its not something he will pass to his off spring,,, I sat half the night trying to figure out how I would tell them,,, in words,,, I couldnt email with news like that,,,,it would have to be face to face or by phone,,, though the cowards way out {email } would have made me feel worse,,,,they would need answers to questions,..... it was a mind blower,,,
I can imagine, you were worrying yourself sick about your boy as it was, and to have that worry of anything hereditary as well, its no wonder you were in bits )))hugs(((

I tell you this breeding malarky is ageing me rapidly,,its hell, you dont have just the worry for your own dogs but the added stress of being responsible for his offspring,,,,,tis a huge responsibilty,
Is`nt it just - for breeders who give a damn like you do anyway :smt058 :smt001
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi Shona I can imagine how relieved you must be, diabetes is a condition easily coped with. The serious kidney conditions tend to have more symptoms than those you specified so I doubted that was the problem (it was Kidney failure that finally caused Amy's demise ).

I am sure you and Royce will both cope very well with this little difficulty xx
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Sorry I've only just seen this thread I'm so glad its the lesser of the two evils and that you can carry on to enjoy your life with Royce
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Shona I can imagine how relieved you must be, diabetes is a condition easily coped with. The serious kidney conditions tend to have more symptoms than those you specified so I doubted that was the problem (it was Kidney failure that finally caused Amy's demise ).

I am sure you and Royce will both cope very well with this little difficulty xx
Im so sorry Mini, I did not know you had lost Amy, I must have missed, this must have brought it all back again, so sorry, xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I will begin another thread re: royce as this one is not really headed properly now,
the only strange thing is,,,,
when I got him home yesterday evening,,, I {not on the vets advice just though it may help} decided to break his meal up into several small meal, he normaly has a breakfast snack and his main meal in the evening,,,,, but I decided to cut it into 2 and a bit feeds last night with me giving him his last bit around 4.00am when I got up to check he was ok, this morning when I went to see how he was and give him a bite to eat,,,,he had drank just about the normal water poss a bit more, but his bowl is still three quarters full,. im confused, does anyone know if you can buy urine sticks from the chemist?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Dunno shona, but you can buy blood test kits for about a fiver.
they should work on dogs, if i'm mistaken, slag me off.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi all, as promised some photos of the chubby chap, though he has lost the chubb,,, I cant believe I can feel his ribs, never ever have I felt ribs on this lad,,,in the space of just over one week he has lost so much weight,,,

the first pic is one take 3 days before he began to show signs of illness, he had been to Callendar to visit {tebo and sammie} one of the pups from my first litter,,, neros sis,

they went down to the river and royce had a paddle just before the pic,

the others are of him now,,, he does look a bit off in them but hey its early days, I also took a short vid tonight it was quite dark so you cant see much but by god can you hear him snore will upload the vid tomorow,

Shot with

Shot with [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 04:10 PM
all went well at the vets today,,, his sugar level is coming down slowly, which I guess is the best thing, rather than a crash, he goes back for another check on tuesday, we hope to have him stable in a couple of weeks, poss less if he hits a happy level on the amount of insulin he is getting but we may need to adjust it slightly,
all in all its pretty good so far, no hypos, no other ill effects except he is a bit grumpy and god is he snoring at night, I talked to the vet re: grumpy he did say its like having a really bad hangover, so with it going on for over a week now I guess I can give him some space to dry out, I would hope to see the happy lad again as soon as he is stable, his water intake is near normal now, so glad of that, I thought he was going to get bloat with the amount he had been drinking ,,,,,, off to try for a urine sample now,,,, he is getting well smart about it now,,,,
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >