Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Shona,

Glad you got a diagnosis for Royce and that it's a treatable condition he has and not something more sinister. Hope he (and you) copes well with his treatment to come.

Take care.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi Shona Glad t o hear it was not Royce's kidneys, diabetes is the lesser evil of the two and I am sure once the vet gets his his insulin sorted out he will begin to improve . You must be relieved and I send hugs to you and to Royce Eunice xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Glad it was better than you thought and hope all goes well with his insulin jabs.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh I am pleased to hear it wasn't what you thought. Once the insulin kicks in things should be better for him - and you as well.

Cuddles to him and best wishes to you as well

Take care.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:40 PM
He'll do fine, with such a dedicated owner Royce will be A OK! Now get an early night!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:47 PM
So glad you got a diagnosis that you can deal with and now you can relax a bit and treat him as necessary. Really happy for Royce! And you!
xxx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi Shona, Ditto what everyone else has said. Hope you are able to get some rest now as I'm sure things will work out fine with the insulin. XX
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
It seems weird saying that's great news, but it is good news that it's something totally manageable, which must be a relief in a way.

Did that make sense or was it a totally mind boggling post there?
I know what you mean,,, Im just so pleased he came home with me today, I dont know what I would have done had the outcome been diff, Gordon,,,,strangely enough appeared home around 4.00pm stating he had nowt to do so he would be as well to come with me He never goes anywhere with me {unless it has somit to do with lightening my bank account} Aint teenagers strange,,,,rather than say,,, Im worried sick about the dog I would like to come, hes like am boared fink I will come to pass some time, funny enough he got back changed and flew out the door,,, I think he asked the vet more questions than me,,, I wouldnt be surprised if he comes on monday,,, He has already said, I will need to learn how to cope with his condition,,,,,then added I suppose,,,,you know for when your at dog shows n stuff, cos dougie will forget stuff,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 12:09 AM
thanks everyone, for thinking about my big lump, He was my first real rotty,,, I guess, we had cash prior to him, a rescue but her breeding was very questionable,,,,that said she was rott through and through in personalty, I love him to bits and the thought of him not being here at such a young age gutted me, There is so much I still want to do with him,,,,,he is a great ambassador for the breed, in all respects, you cant buy a temprament like his, he is so eager to please and very trainable,,,most folk that meet Royce say,,,,,omg they are totaly diff to what I had thought,,,,im chuffed to bits,
I will more than likely have a lot of questions in the coming weeks but I will start another thread for these,,, I have so many questions just now,, come to think of it,,,,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Thats great news )))))))))))))))))hugs(((((((((((((((((

There, you can tell the vet you are not the only loon to see a diabetes diagnosis as something to be relieved about considering what your biggest fear was

Has the vet mentioned hereditory factors at all ? As far as I know, the hereditary form `usually` becomes apparent by about 6 months so presumably your lad has the non-hereditary form ? [ Which would mean you have`nt got to panic about his offspring - not trying to panic you there, just asking in passing as its so unlikely to be the hereditory form anyway :smt001 ].

I`m just glad you know whats what with him now and that you are all organised on it with the vet, and well done for acting so fast as well once it was clear he was`nt just having a couple of thirsty days with the weather being so odd or anything like that :smt001

I hope you`ll be able to get a good solid sleep at last after so much worry :smt058

Yes I had a chat to James about the possibility of it being hereditary, He said its not,,, thank god,, I had been so upset at the thought of calling people to drop a bomb shell like that,,,but James assures me its not something he will pass to his off spring,,, I sat half the night trying to figure out how I would tell them,,, in words,,, I couldnt email with news like that,,,,it would have to be face to face or by phone,,, though the cowards way out {email } would have made me feel worse,,,,they would need answers to questions,..... it was a mind blower,,,

I tell you this breeding malarky is ageing me rapidly,,its hell, you dont have just the worry for your own dogs but the added stress of being responsible for his offspring,,,,,tis a huge responsibilty,
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >