Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
A class I used to put on was -

Best moving dog or bitch

It was very popular as the crossbreed/mongrel owners were competing on 'show' type criteria but on equal terms with the pedigrees. I often found the mongrels to be better movers than showdogs too.

You do need to have a judge that knows what they're doing though.

Not a class we seem to get often in my neck of the woods The one I have seen was lovely though, it was so nice seeing such a mixture in the ring. The class I saw was won by a beautiful Lurcher, she really was poetry in motion, pure class through and through :smt049

Definitely a class I`d love to see regularly :smt023
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excuse me, Patch, don't be so patronising and don't tell me what I apparently 'needed' to say. I am not 'knocking' the show. Think of it as contructive criticism, if you like.

I was giving an explanation of why the blackboards would be a good idea for next year.
I was politely expressing to you what we needed to read and asking you to stop continually bringing one specific show into things at every opportunity.
You have made it perfectly clear you have a personal axe to grind about one show, we do not need to keep hearing about it and the cause the show was put on for does not need anyone to keep bashing that show. If you want to keeping grinding that axe, you would be better off talking to the actual organisers / committee - privately.

Yes boards are a good idea for all shows with more than one ring but organisers are not likely to be inclined to listen to anyone who just snipes at or bashes shows...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:04 PM
In addition to what Patch has said, this is a 'member group' and it's only open to those positively interested in the topic.

If the Member group founder believes you are taking the piss they can ask to have your posts and posting privalidges for this member group section removed.

Bear that in mind for future participation in this particular section.

If you want to 'debate' the topic - feel free to start a thread in the Dog related discussions section.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Apologies if they've been said already, but..........

Fastest Bonio Eater - we've been to a few shows that had this class and is a brilliant 'egging on' class where everyone just shouts from the ringside to all the dogs, great fun

Best Trick - Brilliant class for kids to show off what they do with their dogs

Under 25 inches
Over 25 Inches
Best smoothcoat
Best roughcoat

The best class I ever saw was 'Best mannered'. A new one to me, but the Judge approached each dog, looked at his face for a moment, walked around it, spoke to it, patted it, felt it over etc, gave it a biscuit (all whilst the lead had to be slack) and walked it herself 'up and down' on it's lead (no haltis allowed).

I also saw a small show where the Judge put on her own class of 'Most Obedient' which included a sit/stay, a down/stay and walk away/recall and 'leave' (biscuit on the ground) etc. Not many entries though, which was a shame. Not a very good indication of the level of obedient dogs at that show methinks Good idea tho
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Some excellent ideas guys, keep them coming.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Not a class we seem to get often in my neck of the woods The one I have seen was lovely though, it was so nice seeing such a mixture in the ring. The class I saw was won by a beautiful Lurcher, she really was poetry in motion, pure class through and through :smt049

Definitely a class I`d love to see regularly :smt023

Remembering back now...... we did used to split the class into under and over 15 or so inches as it was a bit of a nightmare trying to assess all the different sizes.

One tip.... be sure not to put "best movement" in the schedule.... it could be misunderstood
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:16 AM
How about races? Like terrier racing but open to all breeds, could be run alongside the show?
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Or another one retrieve the sausage? All the entrants have to run their dog upto a sausage it has to pick it up and they run back to the beginning, the one with the most sausage left wins!
Becky
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
After reading another post on another thread, thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for anyone ideas or inputs for Companion/Fun Dog shows.
This isn't for debate on aspects of a KC Dog show.
More a think tank for those thinking of organising or have organised a show. Any good ideas and input would be appreciated.
Please note the thread starters post, some of the posts in this thread are off topic and have been removed, if you have a problem with this please contact admin .
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Or another one retrieve the sausage? All the entrants have to run their dog upto a sausage it has to pick it up and they run back to the beginning, the one with the most sausage left wins!
Becky
I have seen this done and it is great fun
Lots of lovely ideas here eveyone...
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »