Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
addi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2006, 12:24 PM

protection dog training company wanted

does anyone have contact details for a protection / guard dog training company preferably in the north ... ive been looking but can only find companys in south wales
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I think if you contact someone at A1 K9 (see link) I am sure they will be able to help you.

http://www.a1k9.co.uk/default.asp
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
What are you looking for?
addi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
i have spoken to a1k9 but they are based in swansea which is a good distance away from me in north yorks.

i am looking for a trainer to train my mastiff in personal protection and guard as i live in a remote area and often my wife is at home alone while im out, my hobby is falconry and so have a lot of moneys worth of birds of prey at home and my work in car sales involves taking large amounts of money at my showroom which is based in a quiet industrial estate sometimes late at night

in esence i would like my dog proffesionally trained to understand protection of me my property and my wife
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Addi

Try www.keltickennels.co.uk - and ask them to recommend a trainer up North.

It is a shame you feel the need to have a dog protection trained - wouldn't your mastiff's presence be enough to ward off unwanted visitors?
addi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2006, 04:32 PM
i think its a reflection of the world we live in, the type of people who are bold enough to steal an eagle wont be put off just by a dogs presense no matter how big. i have a personal friend who's german wire haired pointer was shot with a crossbow for barking someone trying to steal his birds. the lad got away with 3 birds and killed another 4 in his haste to find 'the most expensive ones'

Its the same sitation at work. in dealing with large amounts of cash and exotic cars you make rself a target for thiefs. at least i would feel more confident with a dog that knows how to back his bark up should th eneed arise.

dont get me wrong. im not a chav wanting a big dog that scares the local kids and i ponce wround the local park with. im just trying to find someone who can halp train my dog to 'work for his dinner'
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I wasn't implying I thought you wanted a dog trained for protection for anything other than ... well, protection. Unfortunately the world we now live in is becoming less safe and I can understand that you would want your family and raptors protected. I am appalled to hear about your friend's GWP

Contact Margaret at Keltick Kennels as I am sure she will know of someone reputable up North who can help.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Also try here :-

http://protectionk9.proboards24.com/index.cgi

Hope you can find someone to help.
addi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
thanks for yor help