Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nemasis
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-08-2006, 02:56 PM

Weight Pulling ?

Any one else on here into the weight pulling? I do it with my Staffords and do alright at it. My bitch Stafford who is 2yrs 26lbs at 15" has pulled up to 780/790lbs at show. Thats good going I think as while I do enjoy the weight pull I use it more as a good exercise tool,rather than take it seriously. At this point in time the Stafford seems to be excelling in weight pulling in the U.K. and seems to be even surpassing the Pitbull in this event. Hell yea,something for those that own Pitbulls and are always knocking the Stafford saying the Pitbull is the ultimate canine in every respect. The Stafford is proving itself in many Atlectic events and has now reached the point were it is always in the winners line up. Things can only get better,here's to to ultimate sporting canine : The Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Shows how much I know -- I'd never even heard of dog weight-pulling!
nemasis
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Is's a very popular sport within the Bullbreeds comunity,
but people with other breeds also do it.
Here is a clip of my bit*h Stafford Xina pulling 780/790lbs at the Ed Reid show in May this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW2yEiL23Ws
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2006, 05:22 PM
And from I can see, she loves doing it! I learn something new every day.
nemasis
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes she dose enjoy it,I do it more for exercise for the dogs rather thant taking it serious,but she dose quite well at it.
It's like anything else,if you put the time and effort into it and keep it so the dogs enjoy it,they will love doing it so pull a lot better.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
do you practice at home and how?
bluemurphy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
This is something that I really want to get my staffies into.
Does anyone know of any clubs or classses that take place in the North West, I live near Manchester and I would be interested in going along.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Aww - lovely dogs - couldn't help but watch your other videos too
nemasis
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
Aww - lovely dogs - couldn't help but watch your other videos too
The other clips aren't mine,they are Denise's Staffs who is Dardanians Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Denise took the clip of Xina doing that pull at an Ed Reid show this year.
nemasis
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by bluemurphy View Post
This is something that I really want to get my staffies into.
Does anyone know of any clubs or classses that take place in the North West, I live near Manchester and I would be interested in going along.
Hi there are clubs and regs set up for weight pulling in the U.K. Thess range from amature to pro weight pulling. Next year Xina is to start in the Pro weight pulling which is a club affilated with an American pro weight pull club/reg. They award titles for dogs that pull over a certain % of their body weight. Xina is already pulling enough weight compared to her body weight to have a title. I also have another show with her in 3 weeks that also dose weight pull and a-frame. That is up in Liverpool and is the S.I.B.T.C. club show.
I'm not sure if its o.k. to put links up on here,but I can give anyone interested in weight pull some links to site's forums were they can find out more about the sport.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >