View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Dry, peeling skin on dog's testicles. What can it be?

I don't know how long this has been like this, or how Ive missed it, Im ashamed to say
But just noticed today that Toesy has something wrong with his testicles.
While out on a walk this afternoon, Toesy ran ahead and I thought I saw something hanging from his testicle, as I got closer I thought it was pus (ugh) I took him straight home so I could check him over. What I found has totally shocked me and Im upset I didn't notice sooner. He's showing no signs of discomfort though.
I'll explain the best I can, on having a closer look His testicles are all hard and crispy. Not hard, as in swollen, but the skin is all hard and cracked and peeling off, Ive seen nothing like it. He's letting me touch so they obviously don't hurt too much, but they look terrible. I know it sounds silly but it actually looks like they have had something spilt all over them and its gone hard and peeling off.
Ive got in to the vets at 6:45pm tonight, but if anyone has any idea what it could be or what could of caused it, Id be happy to know.

Thanks

Mitch
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 03:35 PM
That sounds like a dogs testicles at the kennels I work at.
They were 2 or 3 times larger than normal, a weird colour, with scabs, dry skin, and cracked skin on them.
The vets examined him, and it was just a scrotal infection, that cleared up with antibiotics.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi Hevvur, they don't seem swollen at all.

Mitch
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I think Busters were only swollen because he had the infection for so long.

It sounds like a skin irritation/infection
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

17-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by mitch
I don't know how long this has been like this, or how Ive missed it, Im ashamed to say
But just noticed today that Toesy has something wrong with his testicles.
While out on a walk this afternoon, Toesy ran ahead and I thought I saw something hanging from his testicle, as I got closer I thought it was pus (ugh) I took him straight home so I could check him over. What I found has totally shocked me and Im upset I didn't notice sooner. He's showing no signs of discomfort though.
I'll explain the best I can, on having a closer look His testicles are all hard and crispy. Not hard, as in swollen, but the skin is all hard and cracked and peeling off, Ive seen nothing like it. He's letting me touch so they obviously don't hurt too much, but they look terrible. I know it sounds silly but it actually looks like they have had something spilt all over them and its gone hard and peeling off.
Ive got in to the vets at 6:45pm tonight, but if anyone has any idea what it could be or what could of caused it, Id be happy to know.

Thanks

Mitch
Does he sit/lay on a hard floor, maybe that could be grating the skin there? Think something like this happened to Thordells dog, Ive just done a search on her posts but couldn`t find it

Hope it goes well at vets, let us know what he said
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi C, no mine never got to the pus stage, just a raw area that would not form a scap.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Ozzy has scuffed his before but no pus was coming out, sounds like Toesy has a skin infection. I am sure the vet will give you antibiotics to clear it up, don't worry.

....and hey, we've all been there where we have missed something wrong with our dogs, lets face it you aren't going to staring at his tackle much are you!

Hope all goes well at the vets
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Hope it all goes well at the vets. Let us know how you get on
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Hi C, no mine never got to the pus stage, just a raw area that would not form a scap.
No I know J, just thought you may have had an idea what the possible cause might be

Wonder how they got on at the vets
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 07:44 AM
It may have been but I am sure it would have been noticed, this must have been something that has burst I would think but I really have no idea and will be interested to know.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >