View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Very sorry Nikki, that is a very difficult decision for you. Are your vets willing to negotiate a payment plan for you?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:43 PM
OK guys, just a quick update before I sign out. The vet confirms that there is considerable inflammation where the oesophagus joins the stomach, much soreness and redness. They cannot see any foreign objects in the stomach or duodenum, which is very bad news because this would mean (unless they cannot see them because the plastic is clear) that they have found their way into the small intestine and beyond, and will mean an operation to remove. Because he had a cardiac arrest, the vet is in agreement with us that this is not an option. So, we are picking him up tonight at 7.30 and will bring him home with anti emetics and ab's and see what happens. He is to be fed bland food - cooked chicken most likely - with plenty of water, but if this plastic has gone into the small intestine, then I am afraid he's a goner, we will just have to suck it and see.

Sorry I cannot offer any better news. i will update tonight when we get back from the vets.

Thank you everyone, it's lovely to know you are all out there rooting for my boy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Nikki, I am hoping for a good outcome here

xxxxxxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm keeping everything crossed for you. I hope things work out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 05:20 PM
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) nothing else to offer you Nikki If it's any consolation, my decisions would have been the same as yours are, so lots of positive vibes heading your way that Tai will get through this one along with everything else he's got through over the years.xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Very sad to read about your poor dog. No one could foresee something like this. Good pal of mine lost a mini daxie and it turned out (on autopsy) it had been devouring those covered elastic bands that you use for your hair - she had a young daughter who used them all the time (and obviously left them everywhere) but no one knew the dog was addicted to them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Everything crossed he will pull through with the medication and wonderful care he will get when home.

I second Helena I would of made the same decision given the cardiac arrest he suffered.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 06:39 PM
So so sorry to read this and hoping for a good outcome.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 06:56 PM
O thanx guys. All these wonderful Dogsey vibes are certainly helping me ... but it's not me that matters, it's my Best Boy, and I am sure they are winging through the ether to the vegs in Rugby as I type!

I have just returned from work, and OH has rung the vets to ask after the patient. They have said he is as well as can be expected, and that we should leave at 7 pm to come and pick him up. I know my boy better than anyone, and if I don't like what I see ... making allowances for the anaesthesia of course and the heart attack ... we will not be bringing him home. But if I see a spark of the old Tai, back he will come with his anti emetics, his electrolytes and his ab's, to eat a little of the delicious chicken I have roasting in the oven for him - I have put a Knorr stockpot inside it, and some extra salt, so he MUST live now because I HATE to waste good food!!

Sorry, my black sense of humour, if you don't laugh, you'd cry and then I would not be able to stop and then where would we be

Ben has been woo wooing off and on all day for him, pacing up and down bless him. Fingers crossed everyone xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Nikki I have only just seen this and I am so sorry poor Tai is so ill.

I have everything crossed here that you will come back with some good news. (((hugs)))
Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »