View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm really tempted to try it, although maybe I'm just being swayed by the gorgeous Viszla pictures on their testimonials page?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Right this has just arrived and the dogs approve on first try, very small kibble with a very strong smell.

Something has got me thinking though, when I opened the bag on my kitchen table (so was up close to the kibble, it had what I thought was a few small stray hairs in the bag, but on closer inspection they are in fact sticking out of the kibble? I have hand picked out several kibbles with a hair sticking out of it. Never had this with any other kibble, am a bit freaked out, going to call them I think to question it.

Xclox has your nana's arrived and does it have any hairs imbedded in it?
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Right this has just arrived and the dogs approve on first try, very small kibble with a very strong smell.

Something has got me thinking though, when I opened the bag on my kitchen table (so was up close to the kibble, it had what I thought was a few small stray hairs in the bag, but on closer inspection they are in fact sticking out of the kibble? I have hand picked out several kibbles with a hair sticking out of it. Never had this with any other kibble, am a bit freaked out, going to call them I think to question it.

Xclox has your nana's arrived and does it have any hairs imbedded in it?
I would definitely give them a call and see what they say. looking at it from their point of view they'll more than likely be glad of the feedback about their quality control.

Let us know how you get on.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Just called and he is horrified, got to send him an email with pic, but email is playing up just calling Sky to sort it out
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Right have emailed the pic and spoken on the phone to them, they are very upset as their factory is very clean and strict and they have asked for a sample of the food and the batch number so the factory can trace the food right back to the beginning and see where or what went wrong, they have apologised profusely and refunded and sent out a new bag too as an apology, I shall be giving this food a go and think this is a 1 off as the lady (Carol) hand packs the sample bags herself so she spends a lot of time looking at the kibble and has never come across this before also feeds it to her 18 dogs (they live on a farm) , and received no other complaints of this kind, in fact they have quite a lot of great feedback from other buyers on their [a social network] page.

Please don't let this one instance put you off, I will keep you updated on how it works out for my 2
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2012, 06:18 PM
The thing is; to me when a 'problem' with a product arises it is the reaction by the company that speaks volumes rather than the initial problem. So the fact they were horrified and didn't attempt to justify the problem but rather saw it as a reason to look into their production process etc is actually very positive! xx

I mean, look at the way Naturediet refused to deal with the repeated issue of 'blown packs' - it has totally put me off the food and the company.

In Boots the Chemist today I bought some batteries (for a new torch for dog walking lol) and they were on offer. At the till they came up at the proper price so I queried it. The till assistant didn't argue, went off and checked it out, came back and showed me the price tag which certainly *did* have an offer on it and instantly reduced them to the 'on offer' price. No quibbling, no justification. So I thanked her and no 'black marks' against Boots lol.

Keep us updated! xx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 07:26 AM
This is going really well, not had a smelly trump from them So one happy bunny in that respect lol, And they seem to really enjoy it too nice empty bowls each time and good pooh's too .
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 04:38 PM
my nana's love this food.

im actually considering this for daphni.. i though about switching her to arden grange (having some issues with her) but may try this instead....
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Worth pinching a few cup fulls from nana to try
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Anybody else trying this? If so how's it going?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >