Female 

07-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Good news. Enjoy your holiday together - you all deserve it.x
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi folks,

Just updated paddy amputation pics thread with some new pics. Her wound has healed fantastically, completely dry and all scabs gone. Her hair is growing back very fuzzily!! It doesnt look quite so scary now the stitches are out and with the hair growing back.

In herself she's completely back to normal, just a smidgen slower. We are going on 2 short walks a day we she really enjoys. If anything i'd say she's actually more stable, pre op she would fall over at least twice a week from running too fast / cornering at speed, in the house In the last 3 weeks she has fallen over once!

As i'm writing this she is curled up to my side on the sofa
She gets up here on her own with no help, she gets into the car without a second thought and pushes her way out of every door first!! I love this doggy so much, she's even more special now

We have decided against chemo... It was not a decision taken lightly and its taken me a week to let you guys know. I just feel quite strongly that she has been through enough already and it would only extend her life by a couple of months. She would have to be at the vets for the day to have it done and she gets so stressed out at the vets as it is.

We have promised each other that however long she is with us she is going to have the most amazing time and do exactly what she wants to. Life expectancy is 8 months without chemo but of course nothing is guaranteed, it could be alot less or alot longer. We are trying to set targets, october is her holiday with us, if she makes it until then we can maybe get excited about christmas. Who knows.

Xxx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 08:50 AM
So great to hear she is doing so well, what a star!

Well done making the decision on chemo, and what you say about the 'experts' predicted life expectancy is very true, look forward to your holiday, she will love it, then look forward to christmas, I think it might be your best one ever with paddy (p.s i just love her name!) xxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Enjoy each and every day together.
xx
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
So great to hear she is doing so well, what a star!

Well done making the decision on chemo, and what you say about the 'experts' predicted life expectancy is very true, look forward to your holiday, she will love it, then look forward to christmas, I think it might be your best one ever with paddy (p.s i just love her name!) xxx
Thank you
I really hope she makes it to christmas, she will be spoilt rotten!! I cant wait for her holiday, there is a lovely quiet beach where she can have some time off lead, it will be fab. Xx

Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Enjoy each and every day together.
xx
Thank you. I have so many plans for the next few months, i'm even chaging my car so i can take them both with me when visiting family and friends!!
LupiLu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
So happy to hear she's doing so well. The pictures show her wound looking well healed and the fuzzy new fur is like puppy fluff! I'm sure it was a hellish decision to make about whether to have the chemo or not but you've made the decision that was right for YOU and Paddy. Enjoy being together and cherish her every day.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 12:16 PM
So pleased she is doing so well... and yes, I agree on the no chemo bit.. wouldn't do that either.. Just enjoy every single day together and have a fantastic holiday.. hope for a long time together xx
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by LupiLu View Post
So happy to hear she's doing so well. The pictures show her wound looking well healed and the fuzzy new fur is like puppy fluff! I'm sure it was a hellish decision to make about whether to have the chemo or not but you've made the decision that was right for YOU and Paddy. Enjoy being together and cherish her every day.
Thank you. Her fuzzy new hair is very cute

Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
So pleased she is doing so well... and yes, I agree on the no chemo bit.. wouldn't do that either.. Just enjoy every single day together and have a fantastic holiday.. hope for a long time together xx
Thank you. I'm sure i will be overwhelming you all with pictures of our holiday next month, i really cant wait Xx
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 16 17 18 19