View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Simpsons Premium do a good priced, good quality, grain-free range would def recommend them, service is very good too.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
My poor spaniel man has been having problems with his ears (scratching), and feet (chewing), not to mention the farting and I am thinking that he is having a problem with cereal (discussed with vet, and he agrees)

The girls are absolutely fine on their Skinners/Harringtons/Naturediet/Raw. Sadly I cannot feed 100% raw due to lack of freezer space. So I am going to try Rupert on a grain free diet and see if this helps him. Had a quick look at the price of Orijen and nearly fainted. Even if its just for him, its an insane price (to me anyways!)

So, does anyone else feed a reasonably priced grain free (doesnt have to be a huge sack) and or a grain free wet (os that even possible?)

Any help for poor boyo?
Have you looked at the Orijen feeding guide? Here's the link.

http://www.orijenpetfoods.co.uk/acat...ding_guide.pdf

There was another thread regarding this a few days ago, & someone with an 11kg dog worked it out to be quite cheap for theirs. My pup is on Orijen, but I have had samples of No Grainer which mine loved. If you email CSJ they will send samples through & they're v helpful . They also do Wheat and Gluten free ranges.

Zooplus sell a food called Nutrivet I think which looks similar to Orijen on paper, but has spelt in it. I haven't compared feeding amounts but the sack itself was much cheaper.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Looks good. But thing is, just him eating it, 30kgs will be hanging around for ages. Just had another look at Zooplus, and found Acana, and Taste of the Wild.
They also sell it in 15KG sacks.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I would steer clear of any dog food that adds yeast - I actually find it annoying that they market it for 'B vitamins' (why not just add B vitamins!?) when it's pretty obvious the real reason is taste.

Is it too much to ask for some honesty from these companies? I find it really annoying - especially when they go on about how great and species appropriate their food is!!

Diets high in yeast can lead to fungal infections in the gut/other organs = very bad!

Sorry, rant over!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Arden Grange do a grain free, as do JWB
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 11:40 PM
thought CSJ no grainer the second i saw the title.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I would steer clear of any dog food that adds yeast - I actually find it annoying that they market it for 'B vitamins' (why not just add B vitamins!?) when it's pretty obvious the real reason is taste.

Is it too much to ask for some honesty from these companies? I find it really annoying - especially when they go on about how great and species appropriate their food is!!

Diets high in yeast can lead to fungal infections in the gut/other organs = very bad!

Sorry, rant over!

But diets high in carbohydrates can lead to fungal overgrowths in all parts of the body too.

And in fact yeasts are a very good source of beta glucans a valuable immune potentiator and included in YUMOVE for working dogs and Superdog Nutrition to name but two products.

So I am not sure we should throw yeast out with the bathwater myself.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2