View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Ollie suffered with fear aggression to humans not other dogs when still a very young puppy. He did with some dogs when older but we also know he was very ill so that may of been the problem with other dogs. I stupidly got him neutered at 6 monhs in fact Borderdawn did warn me it could make him worse but I went ahead and really wish I hadn't now.

My previous large breed dog was not neutered tlll 17 months. I never had any fear issues with him. Dillon will be a lot older if I decide to have him neutered if at all if he is manageable without then he will stay entire unless for health reasons.

The vet I am with now hasn't even mentioned neutering unlike the one we use to take Ollie too who said on our first visit with him do you intend to breed our answer was no so they said he needs neutering then. I really do not know if it would of made any difference or not if we hadn't had him done so early but I sure wish I hadn't jumped in with both feet and at least given him time to mature. I vowed not to do the same this time.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I was quite surprised by Steve Dean's article actually stating what I have been banging on about for ages & so many pro pre puberty supporters poo poo, namely that removing the sex hormones before puberty stops the growth plates closing timeously & also the prostate & cancer risks.

I am not anti neutering, I'm anti neutering as

1.a contraceptive
2.replacement for responsible ownership
3.for treating aggression
4.it's easier for the vet
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2