Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Frontline or Billy No Mates?

I always have been using Frontline for my recent dog and previous ones, but also have read on about Billy No Mates (BNM).

For that reason I am a bit in doubt now, of course I would like to use on my dog something which is more medical and herbal (BNM) rather then chemicals (Frontline).

My question - is BNM is as effective as Frontline? I have read the case here in this forum recently, the owner of the dog used BNM, but dog still managed to get fleas! However, there was never a case for me using Frontline and getting fleas on my dog...
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
BNM repels fleas, not kills them.
Frontline kills them.

I wouldn't go with Frontline, but another cheaper make that uses the same ingedients (Bob Martin, Fiprocat/dog etc)
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
BNM repels fleas, not kills them.
Frontline kills them.

I wouldn't go with Frontline, but another cheaper make that uses the same ingedients (Bob Martin, Fiprocat/dog etc)
So how a dog can get a flea using BNM, if its job should protect him/her of not getting one?

So what I understood from you, you would use BNM, but if a dog still gets fleas use (Frontilne, Advocate, Bob Martin, Fiprocat/dog etc)?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't use BNM, as I don't see the point in only using somethiung that repels them, and then having to use something to kill them aswell.

I would just go with keeping on top of treating the house (which needs to be done anyway).
I don't treat my animals regularly.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I wouldn't use BNM, as I don't see the point in only using somethiung that repels them, and then having to use something to kill them aswell.

I would just go with keeping on top of treating the house (which needs to be done anyway).
I don't treat my animals regularly.
Same with me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I think that it has to be said that if a dog has flea allergy, then BNM is ideal because it stops the fleas from ever biting the dog - spot on treatments do kill the fleas, but often only AFTER they have bitten the animal.