Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Great service from Prize Choice Mince

I am really pleased with the service of Prize Choice Mince! Not only is it readily available in many Pets at Home stores you can find them in most pet stores and garden centres tend to stock them as well.

It is probably the most easy to buy raw food you can get a hold of and their website sells propper meaty chunks too! It is affordable especially for those with smaller or single dogs as the minimum order is something like £5.95?(around that) and its really easy to order as well. Delivery is small as well around the same price.

I was very impressed with their speedy service the last Time I ordered about 8kg of food and it arrived 2 days later ^^

I am looking forward to the new order I just made which should arrive on Tuesday. I just ordered the following

Beef Chunks 2 KG £4.30 had a few frying steaks in it last time!
Liver Chunks 2 KG £4 .30
Heart Chunks 2 KG £4.30
Chicken and Fish nuggets (Natures Menue) 1 KG £2.17
Lamb and Rosemery (Natures Menue) 1 KG £2.17

Wanted to get her the fish fillets but they are expensive at £7! I think they a have a good choice especially if your starting out.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Are they paying you to advertise?!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I'm sure she'd get good commission if they were....
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm not a big fan of Prize Choice... I just don't think it looks appealing. It is quite watery, and not bloody, and is very pale...

I got left over meat from the butchers yesterday for 40/1lb... I was well impressed with that, it is cheaper and it looks like real meat... If you know what I mean

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
i dont like prize choice.. its very watery and anemic looking..

its only 60p for 1lb of meat from my supplier and i know its full meat unlike prize choice who do things like "rabbit dinner" which is mainly chicken, my rabbit from the supplier is all rabbit..

i dont really see the point of this post though... we all know you use prize choice, and its not like you have just switched to raw and are saying how pleased you are with your new supplier...
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I wish they were!

Im not sure what you mean by anemic and watery as ive never had anything like that from them.

Ive attemtped one other and that was Berriewoods but after one member complained about not getting half the stuff I decided not to go with them again. Another reason would be that they took a long time get back to me and even longer deliver.

Natural Instinct I found crashed a lot at ordering point and very expensive for what they are selling. Ive given up now having tried ordering about 5 times and each time found the computer froze before accepting the payment. Id order over the phone but don't have paypal and can't get one till a new card comes (long story))

After looking at a few sites most have a minimum order of about about £10-30.

I found Berriewoods very bloody and watery I must admit. I have also found people complaining about the services of other companies not having items in stock when ordered even when delivered which I would find deeply unacceptable. Apart from a labeling blunder I don't think I have ever experienced in problems with prize choice. I think the meat is good for the price especially as its well packaged with even suggestions to what you can add to the dogs meals.
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I've been using Prize Choice for my 3, mainly the freeflow mince which I add to meat from the butcher to eke it out a bit.
Can't say I've been thrilled with it but the dogs seem to like it.
There's not much choice tho' in our local P@H and when I asked if they get the Prize Choice chicken necks they looked at me as if I had 2 heads!
There's a big moisture content in their mince.....chicken 65% moisture, beef 64% and tripe 72%.....and it's always niggled me I'm paying for so much water.

I've just placed my 1st order with a supplier.....thanks for your recommendation x-clo-x......Like you just hope the dogs like it now!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
I've been using Prize Choice for my 3, mainly the freeflow mince which I add to meat from the butcher to eke it out a bit.
Can't say I've been thrilled with it but the dogs seem to like it.
There's not much choice tho' in our local P@H and when I asked if they get the Prize Choice chicken necks they looked at me as if I had 2 heads!
There's a big moisture content in their mince.....chicken 65% moisture, beef 64% and tripe 72%.....and it's always niggled me I'm paying for so much water.

I've just placed my 1st order with a supplier.....thanks for your recommendation x-clo-x......Like you just hope the dogs like it now!
oh so you have ordered from raw to go? let me know how they get on with it, mine love it will be doing another delivery towards the end of this month i think.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Just to say, I was the person who complained that I didn't get half my stuff from Berriewoods. But they delivered it the next week. I was very pleased with quality of the meat and I will be ordering from them again shortly....
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh so you have ordered from raw to go? let me know how they get on with it, mine love it will be doing another delivery towards the end of this month i think.
Yep! I ordered it at 8ish last night and literally within 5 minutes I had an email back from them......one thing was out of stock......and they're delivering next Wednesday.
I'm reorganising the freezer space tomorrow......I've ordered too much to fit in the small dog freezer so some will have to go in the 'humans' freezer.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >