View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
If you do change to kibble, then you don,t need the tinned food as well as they are complete meals.

I would mix it 90%tinned 10% kibble. For about 3 days then 80% tinned 20% kibble. So eventually after 3 weeks she is completely on dry.

You have to see if she likes the kibble first, some dogs who have tinned food won,t always eat dried.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Just as a random aside, I have never bothered with this idea that you need to gradually change over food
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by marianne38 View Post
If you do change to kibble, then you don,t need the tinned food as well as they are complete meals.

I would mix it 90%tinned 10% kibble. For about 3 days then 80% tinned 20% kibble. So eventually after 3 weeks she is completely on dry.

You have to see if she likes the kibble first, some dogs who have tinned food won,t always eat dried.
I feed both without any ill effects, i just add small amount of wet and i add a little water to the kibble, personal preference i'd say.

Can't say i'd like to eat dry biscuit every day either !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Just as a random aside, I have never bothered with this idea that you need to gradually change over food
Good for you but i have a very sensitive lurcher and i always change over slowly to avoid any colitis episodes
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
mine have dry food with a quarter of a tin of butchers tripe or chappie mixed in with each meal, they love it. Might work out cheaper feeding more dry with some wet so depends what your budget is
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
We feed a mixed diet here for the inuits (Cassie the lurcher just has kibble), they have kibble and a bit of wet food in the morning because they wont just eat kibble! We use a mix of the nature diet flavours, butchers and chappie.

Then for the evening meal they have raw which they love. Been doing this for a couple of months now and so far they are doing reall well on it.

If she is used to getting some wet food with her kibble then i doubt she will take to just eating kibble without a fight!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Aquick guide to several is here http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/which_...13&input2.y=18
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by SuperflyBadger View Post
How come the trays as opposed to the pouches? I have just bought some pouches for one of my boys as vet thinks he may have food allergies - are the pouches not as good as the trays? ta

When I first started using them, the trays were far cheaper than the pouches, even though they have more in them. I phoned PAH and spoke to someone and she actually acknowledged that the trays were better quality.

Unless things have changed, I'm guessing this hasn't changed, but to be fair I don't look at the prices of the pouches so maybe they've reduced them now, I don't know.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Nature's Harvest, Naturediet, Wainwright's (all trays) or Bob & Lush (pouches) fed here. Amongst other things including homecooked foods and dried food.

I, personally, wouldn't feed Butchers on a regular basis as I believe the above to be a better quality.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Bella2012 View Post
Thank you, how do we know if one tin is more richer/ healthier than the other? Sorry if sounds daft just never really analysed over ingredients in the dog food and wouldn't know where to start looking with regards to what is good or not
I'd just go for the loaf varieties. Mine get a bit of Butchers every day and those are the ones with the least bits and bobs added. I'd probably try the tripe and chicken first and take it from there.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4