Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leilateggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Canix in devon/somerset

Any body in devon or near devon fancy meeting up for some runs? Would be nice to have someone to run with. We being me and my lovely english pointer Trooper.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Hiya well I'm not super fit and have never done Canix before! Only the odd bit of running with my German Shorthaired Pointer Bertie, and when I say run I mean little bit of running, then bit of fast walking, then little bit of running, bit of walking etc.... never solid running so probably won't be able to keep up with you! So that might be an issue!??

But I live in Devon! And wouldn't mind meeting up with friendly folk down here with dogs so long as not too far away. I can't send you a private message yet because you're still new on here and I am a bit cautious about giving personal info publicly online (always scared of dogs being stolen!). But I live roughly half way between Barnstaple and Tiverton.

Where are you???
leilateggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I agree about giving details out, but I'm near tiverton- on the edge of exmoor. Yeah there is someone close!!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok cool that's not too far So would you like to meet up some time, even just to see how it goes? Or are you really after some one who already does a lot of running? I really won't be offended if you say no!!

How long / far do you normally run for? Do you always run solidly? I wouldn't want to be a burden! Although I'd be prepared to push myself a bit and get fitter, I used to be able to keep up a steady run for a bit of a distance.

Sorry so many questions!

Sophie
leilateggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I usally run about 3miles- all pointer assisted- couldn't run that far under my own steam. Takes us about 25ish mins usually running all the way apart from the downhill bits as it hurts my knees.

If you have somwhere in mind to meet up we could give it a go and see how we get on?

Leila
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Hiya I'm sure that's quicker than me, I don't know exactly how long it takes me to do a mile I have not run solidly for a mile in a long time as I said I'm not super fit! And no I don't like running down hill either I once twisted my ankle badly running down hill and jarred my leg up which still hurts sometimes thats the only thing I've got to be carefull about. I can walk for miles and miles and keep up a good pace but I haven't done lots of running.
Trouble is I'm still in the proccess of learning to drive! Well just starting (I'm 21 although people think I'm more mature than my age and say it's easy to forget even though I probably don't look it )
So it would mean someone driving me to where ever we meet which they are fine with but for a short run it might not work out (until I can drive) would a much longer fast walk with a bit of running be possible? If this is working out to be too much hassle for you and not what you're after do say! Not well thought out on my part! I'm not quite 'with it' at the moment! Got a small opporation tomorrow which I'm stressing over so won't be up for much for a week or so anyway
leilateggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Hope the operation went well. I would be happy to meet up and perhap run for a bit to settle trooper and then walk. It took me ages to learn to drive so you wouldn't b the only person not to be driving as soon as it is legal! Let me know when you are up to doing something.

Leila
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks
Yeah think the op went ok still feel a bit tired from the general annesthetic though.
And yeah some running then walk sounds fine
I'll get in touch once I've healed up enough. I shall look forward to it. I've been on dogsey for quite sometime now but have yet to meet up with anyone on here.

Sophie