View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope it all goes well and they can remove everything.

((hugs)) to you and her
xxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry the news wasn't what you hoped for. Everything crossed that it can be successfully removed. Thinking of you and Roxy.x
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Aw Nic! Hugs for all of you!!

Max's MCT was on his leg at the back (on the meaty bit - like a chicken drumstick!). They took out the lump and quite a bit of 'margin' round it.

I was gutted as you can imagine when it came back as an MCT, however, the lump hasn't grown back (and I'm monitoring really carefully) and Max is fine.

The vet advised that chemo etc was really a last resort with Max's MCT, as it would prolong his life, but he could be quite poorly because of it.

Whilst he actively has cancer, and we are watching for all signs, realistically, he is absolutely fine.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I am so sorry I have only just seen this.

Sending loads of positive vibes to Roxy and some hugs to you .

I hope that the lump can be removed ok and roxy does not need any more treatment
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2012, 07:23 PM
More (((hugs))).
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Mega healing thoughts on their way.

Many many years ago my parents had a GSD bitch that was referred up to Glasgow Vet school for a cutting edge(for the time)operation, despite the fatct that Lisa was a very nervous girl, they took wonderful care of her whilst she was with them & made a full recovery
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Aw Nic! Hugs for all of you!!

Max's MCT was on his leg at the back (on the meaty bit - like a chicken drumstick!). They took out the lump and quite a bit of 'margin' round it.

I was gutted as you can imagine when it came back as an MCT, however, the lump hasn't grown back (and I'm monitoring really carefully) and Max is fine.

The vet advised that chemo etc was really a last resort with Max's MCT, as it would prolong his life, but he could be quite poorly because of it.

Whilst he actively has cancer, and we are watching for all signs, realistically, he is absolutely fine.
That's such a positive thing to hear, Shelley, it really is, and I'm so glad Max is still fine now - here's hoping that's always the case.

I hope Roxy will be the same in that it's a grade 1 lump and can be removed successfully without further treatment. We'll know more on Tuesday.

You'll see from the pictures in the first post where Roxy's lump is, sort of just below the fatty/muscular bit.

Everything crossed for both our doglets for many years to come. We have to keep positive.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Mega healing thoughts on their way.

Many many years ago my parents had a GSD bitch that was referred up to Glasgow Vet school for a cutting edge(for the time)operation, despite the fatct that Lisa was a very nervous girl, they took wonderful care of her whilst she was with them & made a full recovery
Thank you.

Yes, they're amazing at the vet school, they really are and I'm sure they'll do their very best so I've no doubt they will take the best care of Roxy. Glad your Lisa made a full recovery after their care.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Yes, they're amazing at the vet school, they really are and I'm sure they'll do their very best so I've no doubt they will take the best care of Roxy.
I'm sure they will, I've marked my wall callender for next Tuesday and will be thinking of you and Roxy.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I'm sure they will, I've marked my wall callender for next Tuesday and will be thinking of you and Roxy.
That's kind of you, Harvey, thank you. xx
Page 6 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »