View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 12:04 AM

Crufts And Your Dog Breed's American Counterpart....

I thought it would be interesting to put up pictures of your breeds Crufts BOB winner along with the Westminster BOB winner to see what differences, if any, there are between breeds in Europe and the USA. Please be aware before posting that photos would be used without permission however!

OK here's the ESS BOB winner at Crufts 2011....

DKCH(U) SECH(U) NCH(U) INTCH SIEGER'S EXTRA POINT

And the Westminster 2011 ESS BOB winner....

GCH WIL-ORION'S TWENTY TWENTY

The differences are amazing and no disrespect to our US members, but I really hope the UK ESS doesn't go the same way as the US one! I find it really bizarre how the coat is so straight and there are no spots!

Nice to see a European Springer winning BOB and nice to see an ESS with less feathering winning too.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
wow what a difference
I like the UK dog, looks pretty good
The American one is so SHINY just looks plastic
I can see why people would find that pretty but to me it just looks wrong! I agree no spots is odd - and SO white, coat far too long imo
and what I see with lots of the Westminster dogs is the heads are more rounded and 'puppy like'

also - and just laymans terms here - just what I am seeing
The slope of the back looks different too, the american one looks TOO straight if you know what I mean - possibly less muscled bum idk
feet and legs look heavier too - difficult to see with the coat but I deff do see a trend with them wanting them to look more like big puppies and tend to reward the heavier boned dogs

jmo - no doubt someone will be on to rip me to peaces
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
wow what a difference
I like the UK dog, looks pretty good
The American one is so SHINY just looks plastic
I can see why people would find that pretty but to me it just looks wrong! I agree no spots is odd - and SO white, coat far too long imo
and what I see with lots of the Westminster dogs is the heads are more rounded and 'puppy like'

also - and just laymans terms here - just what I am seeing
The slope of the back looks different too, the american one looks TOO straight if you know what I mean - possibly less muscled bum idk
feet and legs look heavier too - difficult to see with the coat but I deff do see a trend with them wanting them to look more like big puppies and tend to reward the heavier boned dogs

jmo - no doubt someone will be on to rip me to peaces
I don't like the US ESS, not my bag at all. It kind of shows what happens when winning is all that counts (no offence to American members!) no thought given to the working origins of the dog sadly.

The US ESS breed standard is different to the UK standard, but you could import a US Springer and still show it here in the UK so still the same breed! Weird or what?!

Just one point though - the Crufts BOB winner is not a UK dog, it's from Sieger's, Denmark. Just goes to show how different the coat can be on the continent - the show types are used for hunting far more on the continent than in the UK.

Just wanted to add - I'm very pleased with the ESS winner at Crufts this year. I'd be very proud to own such a dog and it's exactly what a Springer should look like imo. Moderate feathering all the way!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
ooh interesting thread hope more people do it my breed isnt on until sunday though, will post then
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I thought it would be interesting to put up pictures of your breeds Crufts BOB winner along with the Westminster BOB winner to see what differences, if any, there are between breeds in Europe and the USA. Please be aware before posting that photos would be used without permission however!

OK here's the ESS BOB winner at Crufts 2011....

DKCH(U) SECH(U) NCH(U) INTCH SIEGER'S EXTRA POINT

And the Westminster 2011 ESS BOB winner....

GCH WIL-ORION'S TWENTY TWENTY

The differences are amazing and no disrespect to our US members, but I really hope the UK ESS doesn't go the same way as the US one! I find it really bizarre how the coat is so straight and there are no spots!

Nice to see a European Springer winning BOB and nice to see an ESS with less feathering winning too.
I know which I prefer !!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Interesting thread, prefer the ESS who got BOB at Crufts!!

English Setter

Westminster BOB -
GCH Wyndswept's Encore

Crufts BOB
Bournehouse Golden Days

Much prefer the UK one!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Can you point me in the right direction to get the photos and I'll do the English Setters
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:43 AM
BOB - Europe Dog from Italy

RSM/INT/LUX CH MRS POMONA SPRITE

Westminster

GCH Firethorn And Sandpiper Easy On The Eyes

I just think it makes it hard to see what is under the coat.

And would be interested to see it running on the moors without getting tangled up?

Prefer the Crufts winner but not keen on her head - but they don't move on their head I guess lol!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Pointer
Westminster
Ch Chesterhope Sharp As

Crufts
FOWINGTON FIVE BOB NOTE J W

Still prefer the UK one, even though not much difference!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:48 AM
think the american dogs look a lot more groomed and pampered than the uk dogs. like all 3 of those look like theyve been trimmed as the hair is perfect length all the way over its body.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »