Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well maybe make a soup out of something she's not allergic too? There must be something that would tempt her to drink when she smells it? You've got your work cut out with her haven't you, poor little girl, but you're doing admirably!
Thankyou i might try a bit of duck ,she isnt allergic to duck ,how do you make a soup , sorry never done that before ???
Vet said i got to keep an eye on her urine now cause her body is fighting hard with this bug ,there is a chance she could start weeing blood again (infection)
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I do hope that your little Lady is beginning to feel better - and sympathise with some of your problems because Jimmi is much the same.

If she is not tempted by whatever you have tried so far, then buy the cheapest tin of salmon that you can find and try her with a little of that.........it won't upset her allergy problem, but just might get her interested.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Quick update
Back down to vets this morning ,lady has started with blood in her poo
She is drinking a bit on her own now
but seems very uncomfortable
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Poor Lady, one thing after another
Gentle hugs from us and I hope she is better soon.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Really hope Lady gets better soon. Lots of hugs.xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Thinking of you both x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I hope she's feeling better soon. Was it bright red blood or darker? The bright stuff is fresh and often just caused by straining when toileting (quite common with bugs that make the dog constipated or give it diarreoah)

Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Thankyou i might try a bit of duck ,she isnt allergic to duck ,how do you make a soup , sorry never done that before ???
Just for the future - get hold of some stock bones, or just some meat with bones on (a wing, leg or even a whole or part of a carcass will do) and simmer in a pan of water for a while - the water will take on the flavours from the bone and make a nice stock. You could then thicken it up to a soup or just offer it as it is in a bowl. You want to avoid adding salt and stuff like that but you could chuck veg in for some different flavours/nutrients too. You can freeze any excess stock for the next time you need it, but do remember to bin the cooked bone because it's not safe to feed.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 01:24 PM
yeah it was bright red blood ,vet said the same cause she been straining ,she has got diarehha now ,and is on promax and salazopyrin tablets .
At least she is drinking now
but she is still really rough .
I been up since 4.00am this morning and all night the night before .
Lets just hope her urine problems dont start up now
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
She is really going through the mill isn't she, poor thing and you are doing a marvellous job. Lets hope she is much better in a day or so. xx

I haven't a clue how to make soup either
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Hope the meds start to work n help n she is feeling better soon. It's good that she's drinking now, hope you can get some rest n have a settled night x
Page 5 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »