View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Aww bless her, I hope she continues to improve.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 12:34 PM
AW thanks guys

Quick update
I tried lady with a little food but she refused to eat ,she is drinking A bit more now ,
she has had some more antepsin and another 2 tablets of cerenia ,
vet told me to take her temp this morning and it still a bit high at 103.00
she had a antibiotic injection last night when he came out .
I am waiting for her to start with the bad poo cause her tummy is really noisy , she is also crying a bit today so i think maybe she got some tummy ache .
Yeah i pretty tired now been up all night with her ,but i need to make sure she is okay ,everytime i leave her today she cries .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Having read all of this thread now, and I'm so sorry about your poor girlie, it does sound just like what my dog had a couple of weeks ago. She started with the bile morning sickness, she refused to eat until the evenings for a couple of days, she even refused water at first then that all went off and she seemed to be normal for a few days, then we had her with really bad diarrhea. When I took her to the vet, he prescribed 4 days of ab's, which cleared all the diarrhea up and touch wood, no sickness since. My vet told me at the beginning of last week, that he had seen lots of dogs with the same symptoms, so I'm strongly feeling that your little girl has picked up the same type of bug.

All that water lying around last week, then all the warm sun, it's rife for bugs.

Let's hope that ab injection will sort her out, but I wouldn't tempt her with food until she is ready herself, just keep up the clean, fresh water - leave it by her bedside if she's feeling like she doesn't want to get up. Good luck with her, bet you're worried sick, but hopefully, it's a bug that will soon pass just like mine did.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Thankyou its good to have people who know what its like , no sleep last night ,
she wont drink at the moment at all ,
i think she is feeling worse cause she cant have her painkillers ,and the thing i worried about is when she gets low with a bug or something all her other conditions play up ,eg her urine problems .
It took 3 weeks to stabalize her last time she had a bad urine stage , so i really hoping this bug she got doesnt start it up again
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Update

Just been on the phone to the vet ,he is giving her some lectade ,he says it will stop her from getting dehydrated , but she doesnt want to drink ,so do i keep giving her liquid with a syringe???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Can you make some chicken soup and give it to her cold to keep up her fluids, maybe the mere smell of it will tempt her to drink a bit?

Yes, I would syringe that medicine into her, but she has a totally empty stomach which isn't always good for pills and medicines. I would imagine she feels awful, so if you could get some chicken soup into her that would be something, or plain bio yoghurt maybe just to line it a bit before that medicine, I did that with mine?

Poor little girl, she sounds like she has quite a few problems going on, along with whatever else she's got now. All the best with her, I hope you get some sleep tonight.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Hope Lady starts drinking soon n feeling better, can you ring the vet n ask about giving her fluid with syringe? She was drinking earlier on so hopefully will do again before long. Thinking of you both x
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Can you make some chicken soup and give it to her cold to keep up her fluids, maybe the mere smell of it will tempt her to drink a bit?

Yes, I would syringe that medicine into her, but she has a totally empty stomach which isn't always good for pills and medicines. I would imagine she feels awful, so if you could get some chicken soup into her that would be something, or plain bio yoghurt maybe just to line it a bit before that medicine, I did that with mine?

Poor little girl, she sounds like she has quite a few problems going on, along with whatever else she's got now. All the best with her, I hope you get some sleep tonight.
She has a chicken allergy , but yeah i might try the yogurt.
thankyou
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope Lady starts drinking soon n feeling better, can you ring the vet n ask about giving her fluid with syringe? She was drinking earlier on so hopefully will do again before long. Thinking of you both x
The vet usually leaves that stuff to me to figure out ,i have had quite a few dogs with problems in the past and we have a very good relationship with our vet.
he knows i will only call him out if its quite bad .
she was drinking a little this morning , but then i think she in pain now aswell so she doesnt want to do anything
I am just soo glad i found this site
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
She has a chicken allergy , but yeah i might try the yogurt.
thankyou
Well maybe make a soup out of something she's not allergic too? There must be something that would tempt her to drink when she smells it? You've got your work cut out with her haven't you, poor little girl, but you're doing admirably!
Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »