View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 12:44 PM

I've just got some cracking dodgy looks!

Inherited a second car (cos hubby's nicked mine due to work promoting him out of the city centre site) and it's like the world's worst Micra. Being one of the dodgem/bubble style ones - you can't get car bars in the boot easily for the dog, and it would be a bit of a squeeze anyway - so got a seatbelt fastener for his harness and headed out, dog on back seat, firmly belted in, sat dead central looking out of the front window (because he might just miss something if he blinks).

The looks I've just got! From people doing a double-take that it's actually a dog sat there and laughing, to the tutt-tutt unsecured dog in the back crowd - yes, it's a dog belted into a purple rollerskate car - deal with it!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:07 PM
All it needs is go-faster stripes.....
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Made me laugh! What sort of dog do you have?
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:18 PM
haha sounds fabulous!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I drive a Micra too and get plenty of laughs! I have to put the back seats down then tether each dog to the metal rings that the seats clip into, but Kiki never lays down - infact, she rarely sits, just stands there all the time. Casper will eventually lie down but we'll stop at traffic lights and both dogs will decide to peer at the car next to us, cue the inhabitants laughing their heads off at two big dogs in such a little car
I get a new car in March/April and can't wait to get a proper cage/guards, I might be able to look in my rear view mirror and not have two dogs staring back at me!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL, must look very comical.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Haha...you'd be very surprised what you can fit in a small car! I once squeezed four people and three dogs into my Citroen Saxo (about the same size as a Micra, with a slightly bigger boot!).
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I would have had a Saxo (my old one back that I gave to my little brother) but he crashed it and wrote it off (I loved that car - it had electric windows and central locking and a stereo that actually worked)

Best way I can describe the visual effect is to picture a collie sized Scooby Doo (he's got the ears going on) stuck in the back seat of a purple dodgem.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I would have had a Saxo (my old one back that I gave to my little brother) but he crashed it and wrote it off (I loved that car - it had electric windows and central locking and a stereo that actually worked)

Best way I can describe the visual effect is to picture a collie sized Scooby Doo (he's got the ears going on) stuck in the back seat of a purple dodgem.
I can't seem to part with mine, even though it has thus so far cost me double what I paid for it in repairs.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Inherited a second car (cos hubby's nicked mine due to work promoting him out of the city centre site) and it's like the world's worst Micra. Being one of the dodgem/bubble style ones - you can't get car bars in the boot easily for the dog, and it would be a bit of a squeeze anyway - so got a seatbelt fastener for his harness and headed out, dog on back seat, firmly belted in, sat dead central looking out of the front window (because he might just miss something if he blinks).

The looks I've just got! From people doing a double-take that it's actually a dog sat there and laughing, to the tutt-tutt unsecured dog in the back crowd - yes, it's a dog belted into a purple rollerskate car - deal with it!

Oh that bit made me laugh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >