Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Hope its positive news.....x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Just phoned the vet again, and he wasn't there - receptionist said she doesn't know why he didn't call me but got me through to another vet.

She had a quick look at the results and said it's a Liposarcoma - which is usually a locally invasive, slow to spread cancer.

She said if it is removed cleanly the prognosis is good and started saying she'd ask if the vet had removed it all and then read a bit more and said I see he just did a biopsy. Then said I see he said it was vascular (which I think means 'big') and that she would get him to call me tomorrow.

I remember what the vet said when I asked what the options are if it's benign and he said he would probably advise to leave it because of where it is - indicated it was on/near a large muscle and that removing it/that much/part of the muscle wouldn't be a great idea :/

I think I would have opted for it to be removed even if it was benign because it would still grow and that could cause damage - but then remember what he said about that probably not being a good idea because of where it was - so that kindof cancels out it being operable, I think.

I'll get a clearer picture tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your support.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear you have to wait till tomorrow now to know exactly what is going on with Rocky.

Fingers still crossed. X
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
they do recommend a grain free diet for cancer if that is what it is,because they say the cancer grows from the grain or something like that, have a google my friends dog had a lump removed and i looked for her but i cant remember what it was, taste of the wild ? maybe
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Azz, Vascular relates to blood vessels.
I'm not sure but this could mean that the lump has a lot of blood vessels, or that it is a clump of blood vessels (I have known it in humans) or that it is very close to a large vessel.
You need to speak to the vet involved at length tomorrow.
Thinking of you and Rocky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
In my thoughts, Azz......

I hope the prognosis is not as grim as you think...

x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I get so mad when vets go off home and don't ring you back. They must know the poor owner is worried sick and wanting to know.
I hope you get to talk at length tomorrow Azz and its not as awful as you are worried about.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Still in my thoughts ...x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Hiya Azz,

Sorry just caught up with this and my heart goes out to you "vascular" means something to do with veins so I would think its either around the "mass" or close too.
And Liposarcoma are normaly deep in soft tissue/muscle.
I hope this works out well. My thoughts are with you at this rough time.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Naughty vet, fancy going and not ringing you first He could've put your mind at rest first.

If the vet thought it was serious or something to worry about, wouldn't he have called as soon as he got Rocky's results?

Still got everything crossed here xx
Page 7 of 45 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »