View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 10:16 AM
There was a warning in the dog paper a few years back of someone whose lab died after eating a piece of beef which she was cutting up for the humans dinner.

I personally wouldn't feed beef that hadn't been frozen first.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
There was a warning in the dog paper a few years back of someone whose lab died after eating a piece of beef which she was cutting up for the humans dinner.

I personally wouldn't feed beef that hadn't been frozen first.
I think everyone can quote a dog they know, or know of, who died after eating this or that, or was killed chasing a squirrel, or whatever. Life is full of risks, and as a raw feeder myself, I would never not feed any meat or bone to my dog, whether it had been frozen or not. Dogs die every day from impaling themselves on sticks, or like my poor tai did when crashing through the woods he impaled himself on a branch. He survived thank goodness, but he still goes crashing through the woods, and I wouldn't dream of stopping him!
JazzMan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Because the supermarkets were closed over Christmas (Shock, Horror!) there were loads of bargains of reduced meat. On Christmas eve for example, I got a whole fresh chicken for £2.50 and on Boxing day I got 6 packs of beef mince for 60p each. Of course they were due to go out of date on the same day but popped in the freezer they should be just fine.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3