View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Don't want to worry you Lynn and sorry if you are already aware, it can be an emergency in a male dog if he can't wee. Moreso than in a female dog. It could be a stone or prostate especially as he seemed to be uncomfortable and it can be life threatening.
Like I say I don't want to worry you as I am sure your vet will have thought of that first, so hopefully its just a simple infection thats caused a bit of inflamation.
Lets hope he soon has that wee bless him.
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Bless his heart.
And you try to get osme sleep too while he is, you must be exhausted xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
So sorry Ollie is feeling ill. Hope the abs work and that it is nothing serious.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Don't want to worry you Lynn and sorry if you are already aware, it can be an emergency in a male dog if he can't wee. Moreso than in a female dog. It could be a stone or prostate especially as he seemed to be uncomfortable and it can be life threatening.
Like I say I don't want to worry you as I am sure your vet will have thought of that first, so hopefully its just a simple infection thats caused a bit of inflamation.
Lets hope he soon has that wee bless him.
Hi Bev I was wondering how dangerous it could be.

Have just rang the vets she is not back till 5pm they are going to get her too ring us to have a word. I know we have to start the antibiotics tonight regardless of whether we could get a sample or not today and then if we got one tomorrow run it down for testing.

Will update later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by katandcolin View Post
Bless his heart.
And you try to get osme sleep too while he is, you must be exhausted xxx
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
So sorry Ollie is feeling ill. Hope the abs work and that it is nothing serious.
Thank you both.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi Bev I was wondering how dangerous it could be.

Have just rang the vets she is not back till 5pm they are going to get her too ring us to have a word. I know we have to start the antibiotics tonight regardless of whether we could get a sample or not today and then if we got one tomorrow run it down for testing.

Will update later.
Please do as I am very worried about the poor lad now I know he hasn't had a wee all day.
I think I would be insisting the vet took him in urgently and emptied his bladder and done x-rays and scans urgently to find the problem. I certainly wouldn't want to leave him overnight not being able to wee.
Sorry lynn I know its not what you want to hear, but I would rather say and then find I have worried you unnecessarily, than not say, and the worst happens. I wouldn't forgive myself for that. (((hugs)))
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Hoping for some better news when you next post.
Sending healing thoughts for poor Ollie.x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Really hope that nothing serious with Ollie and he is back to full health soon. Thinking of you. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh poor Ollie bear What on earth is the matter with him. I've read every single post and can't begin to imagine what it could be no wonder the vet is baffled. I'm beginning to think Bev might have something there, it's been a very long time for him not to have a wee hasn't it? I know Georgie can hold it for England, but never for that long I do hope he's still doing ok and sleeping for now, but then again you could well be back at the vets by now. So sorry to hear about your boy Lynn, it's always so worrying when we don't know why they're acting like they are, I do know that! Please let us have some good news soon huh?xxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Just had a call back from the vet. We have to give the antibiotic now and if he hasn't done a wee by the morning we have too take him back in. Please keep everything crossed for him that he does.
Page 4 of 123 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 > Last »