View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2010, 06:13 PM

Brilliant brilliant brilliant experience at new walk!

Well, I found somewhere new to walk the dogs, which is lovely as it's big enough and exciting enough for the youngsters and quiet/predictable enough for Bear to have a chilled out walk.

Today was the first time I've seen a dog there when walking Bear, a gorgeous big bull-breed of some description, who was clearly a very friendly dog as it played with the youngsters.

As I had Bear, I politely asked if he could just pop his dog on a lead or call him away so that he doesn't get too close as Bear is 'still learning how to interact nicely with other dogs' and this gentleman was only too happy to keep his dog by his side when I passed and thanked me for telling him!

This is so different to what I am used to, but I was very pleased and besides a few attempted sideways lurches Bear managed to keep himself together and re-focus quickly

I'm so glad I've found this place. The other walk was becoming manic because you never know what kind of dog was going to come around the corner next!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh if only there were more places like that, we have a grouch who isn't too polite with other dogs.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Aww, lovely!

Such a nice change to hear of a good experience on a walk, so many of us seem to be posting about negative ones these days!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh if only there were more places like that, we have a grouch who isn't too polite with other dogs.
If only there were more owners like that

Glad you have found such a nice place to walk and well done to Bear for being so well behaved
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Sounds like this will do you all the world of good! It's nice to find somewhere you can relax on a walk isn't it I had the same thing this afternoon, I went somewhere totally different because it hasn't rained, and I can only get up there when it's dry, otherwise my dog would come back white, covered in chalky mud, so I'm going there again in the morning to do a very looooong one, 6 mile round trip (but I'm on my bike, she'll do all the running!) Good luck with this nice new walk you've found, I hope it carries on this way for you!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Am glad you've found somewhere nice to walk, and "well done Bear , it's awful not being able to relax when out somewhere with the dogs. Where we usually go gets quite busy so tend to go early morning when not many folk around. A lot of folk with dogs disapear from now on also (don't walk dogs on dark, cold mornings/days)
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:39 AM
we have just moved house and to a new town, it was not very long before we met some nice dog people walking their own dogs who were quite happy to walk and chat with you whilst the dogs socialized. we see them quite regularly now. it really makes up for the occasional idiot.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2010, 12:20 PM
When you find lovely places to walk it really makes such a difference doesn't it. we have found a beautiful country park, and at certain times we do not see a soul on the whole walk. It is so relaxing and enjoyable. Definitely worth the drive to get there.