View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Poor Jake, that looks really nasty. I wish people would take more care with the rubbish they leave lying around. Glad he is brighter today, hope he continues to make a good recovery.x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2010, 10:49 AM
That looks absolutely horrific.

Big (((hugs))) for brave Jake and some for you too Lauren. Xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:02 AM
poor boy that looks so nasty
Hope he is happier today, they do bounce back faster than us

It took Ben about 24 hours to get used to the lampshade - when the vet brought him to me he wouldnt pick his head up at all and just looked like some kind of strange hovercraft
and he kept getting stuck on doors and the stairs - poor soul
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone. Took him out for a wee walk, and he was so happy and bright. He was kept onlead of course, but got a good sniff

Not sure what could have caused it. We thought probably glass, metal wire or some sharp metal. I had a look and could only see glass, but its a difficult area to look at and jake can get to places I cant so could be something hidden that caused it. I was talking to my bf about it, and he was saying that he thinks it is something that stabbed into him but at an angle that ripped under his skin, and thankfully not into his body. And not something just cutting him, in a slash type way. If that makes sense...

Lampshade pics coming up...
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Poor little chap. I think it looks as if he has got caught in some barbed wire. I have seen a similar injury on a horse and also on Ollie when he ran into some wire. You can't see the injury very well but it was right across the side of his chest.

This picture was just before his stitches came out.

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Not a happy boy...

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Poor little chap. I think it looks as if he has got caught in some barbed wire. I have seen a similar injury on a horse and also on Ollie when he ran into some wire. You can't see the injury very well but it was right across the side of his chest.

This picture was just before his stitches came out.

Oh, I see what you mean. It must have been something sharp and barbed wire couldve caught his skin, which ripped it causing that pocket. Ach, I dunno and never will but would probably put it down to barbed wire or some kind of metal wire.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 01:01 PM
poor boy, give him an ear sctatch from me

I thought barbed wire when I 1st saw it - like a bit snagged his skin while he was zoomeing
But like you say you will never know, and it looks like the vets did a neat job of closing it up - couple of weeks and it should start to disapear
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Jings that looks awful, poor Jake (and you cos I can imagine how worried you were). He definitely has got a great "poor me" look with his lampshade on! Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back doing zoomies soon.

Dee xx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 01:24 PM
aw poor Jake, that looks bad! Atleast It doesnt seem to be bothering him, and he Is still bright though. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for him.
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »