View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Looks like he has been having some poor days..........
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Blimmy i wouldnt be impressed at all with that, what a waste of money, some people didnt stand a chance there....just goes to show its not always about the quality of the dog, and i guess most of us have experienced that
Joedee at my latest show, i got first and in the write up the judge got Stars age wrong
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Blimmy i wouldnt be impressed at all with that, what a waste of money, some people didnt stand a chance there....just goes to show its not always about the quality of the dog, and i guess most of us have experienced that
Joedee at my latest show, i got first and in the write up the judge got Stars age wrong
Well done!!
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
thank god i didnt enter that year and choose to steward instead , although in between i did pop down to collie ring and loads of folks were complaining
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 08:13 PM
He seemed to be merely going through the motions and thats it.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow i wouldnt even say he was going through the motions! And he certainly didnt seem very gentle with the dogs, although im not sure i would go as far as to say from that video that he was 'rough'. I wouldnt want him touching my dogs and being so disrespectful to them and me! x
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Andrew gave a stunning Hairless CC best in breed at Southern Counties yesterday, she went on to win toy group 1 and then today best in show Must admitt he did well putting her best in breed, she is one fine little lady.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Not that suprised if I'm honest. A well known judge (forgot his name) was judging BIS at Scottish Utility Show and he was sooo uninterested, not watching the dogs walking round the ring and just a waste of money. Today the judge was watching the ring next to us while a pup was walking around. He ended up giving it best special utility puppy but he didn't even watch it walk.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Not surprised the BC people were up in arms. Ridiculous - he hardly laid a hand on them. TBH I've experienced similar (with different judges) and it's very irritating when you've paid your money and the judge hardly lays a hand on them. One judge recently was very heavy handed with Rio, so much so that he pressed so hard on her back her legs almost gave way. I have pulled my dogs from classes with rough judges on other occasions.

I have even had a judge check Rio for testicles (at an open show).
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:28 PM
That is appalling, he couldn't have gone over them any quicker and looked so disinterested. How on earth could he say he had an accurate assessment of each dog doing that?

It's a disgrace. People travel for hours on end and pay good money to enter these shows, the least they should expect is a fair assessment of their dog from a judge who is genuinely interested in placing them correctly.

I'd have been furious!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >