Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
You just reminded me...I went to a match night at a different club to the one I usually train at. Rio was still quite small, about six months. She got best puppy, and I was really chuffed, until the judge commented on her being a nice Anatolian .
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Please where do I find these people to train me in handling Any address?
muppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I went to an exemption show (as it was in those days) and a supposed all rounder was judging it. I took my mums Gordon Setter in the sporting class and the steward came over to me and said the judge has asked me to tell you that she think's your in the wrong class as crossbreed is class 5"

I said well if she doesn't know he's a pedigree dog I haven't got much of a chance so I might as well take him out. The steward said no if he's a pedigree you have every right to be in the class and went back to the judge.

I couldn't believe it when the judge gave him 1st in the sporting class and then made him best in show, not bad for a crossbreed.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Findley View Post
Please where do I find these people to train me in handling Any address?
hi
What are you looking for handling or ringcraft for showing your dog ?

Where are you based in Kent ?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Your local ringcraft class should be able to tell you how to get the best from your dog. We have a few top judges at ours and along with everyone else, all breeds that come will get the help they need.
I do go to ringcraft - it is helpful for getting her used to being 'gone over' and getting used to the ring etc. But, the peeps running it don't really tell you what you are doing right or wrong. That's why I would like one to one training.

I wish her breeder lived nearer but she is hours away, otherwise I'd go back to her and ask.

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I did a 'show offs' course with Paddy Driscoll. It was more of a troubleshooting course for dogs with showing problems, and I learned loads about getting the dog to stand and move how you want it to - and it's all positive training too.
Thanks for that - wonder if there are any near here? Have to check!
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
hi
What are you looking for handling or ringcraft for showing your dog ?

Where are you based in Kent ?
I am in Margate but happy to travel to about an hour. I want the training same as juniors in the kennel club, I have just learnt as I've gone along. It will also help my youngsters.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Findley View Post
I am in Margate but happy to travel to about an hour. I want the training same as juniors in the kennel club, I have just learnt as I've gone along. It will also help my youngsters.
Try looking on http://www.juniorhandling.co.uk go to JH Extra and there is a list of clubs in the Uk that offer junior handling classes.

Marina White does training days across the UK for adults and juniors alike and I can say my daughters gained a huge amount of knowledge from her - she also does adult training.

There is a club listed in Kent not sure how close this is for you?

Kent - Swale Ringcraft Training Club

Secretary - Mr H Haddy 01795 872317

Shangri - La Elm Lane

Minster

Sheerness

Kent

ME12 3SG

Good luck
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7