View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I've also noticed, in the English Setters anyway, certain champ show judges showing stock that they have bred but no longer own, simply because it means they have a better chance of winning over a novice...hardly fair and so obvious at times
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-03-2010, 09:00 AM
we noticed at crufts our breed judge wasnt going on faces either,particularly as she doesnt own the breed and is one of the top female judges,so i suppose she felt she doesnt owe any of the faces anything.earlier last year when we started showing ,we noticed a certain dog that was cow hocked,had to be propped up on the table to make it stand and its white fringing was yellow with staining,yet still became a champion because of who was the owner/breeder.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2010, 09:05 AM
In our breed this yr at Crufts..a certain kennel was "expected" to take the ticket, ... thankfully the judge did not listen , and the ticket went elsewhere. and very well deserved too.

Shame the other "expected" got all dressed up for nothing
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Could the construction of the other unplaced dogs have been considered more detrimental to those dogs, than one that was "possibly" lame, or perhaps didnt move as true as some?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Could the construction of the other unplaced dogs have been considered more detrimental to those dogs, than one that was "possibly" lame, or perhaps didnt move as true as some?
Was the dog that got placed VHC "less sound" than the ones that didn't get placed? In my minimal experience of Spinones (and trust me, it's all I hear about during shows - and not by choice! ) the answer would have to be catergorically no. There were at least 3 dogs that didn't get placed that had lovely movement. The dog the got VHC moved as if it had HD, IMO. This dog is widely known in Spin circles to have had surgery on it's rear end due to joint problems, alledgedly of course!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:33 PM
It's a shame that this happens, really.

Did any of you watch the judging online for the Utility Group?

The Standard Schnazuer in it did not have a very level topline at all, it sloped upwards at the backend and didn't look very nice at all, even when it was moving. I've seen much better ones than that.

Anyway, Frank Kane and Peter Purves had just gone on to explain the breed standard for the Standard Schnauzer and spoke about the topline they should have, then the suddenly realised this one did not have the topline it should have and commented on that briefly before moving on to other characteristics of the breed. They seemed a bit surprised at this fact.

Funny that.....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Was the dog that got placed VHC "less sound" than the ones that didn't get placed? In my minimal experience of Spinones (and trust me, it's all I hear about during shows - and not by choice! ) the answer would have to be catergorically no. There were at least 3 dogs that didn't get placed that had lovely movement. The dog the got VHC moved as if it had HD, IMO. This dog is widely known in Spin circles to have had surgery on it's rear end due to joint problems, alledgedly of course!
Glad I have nothing to do with those breeds then.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh dear I had heard of that but hoped it wasnt true

Made more sad by the fact that people use these results as a good reason to breed their dogs, infact many people on here tell people who want to breed that they should show their dogs first
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Glad I have nothing to do with those breeds then.
Urgh I'm telling you, it's Spinone overload for me most weekends!

Even so, I'm still appauled that any judge in any breed would face judge to the extent I saw on Sunday. How people can claim to love a breed and then place an unsound/unhealthy dog is beyond me.
mcys07919
New Member!
Female 

17-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Give us a clue which class, cos I've got the catalogue in front of me
It may account for the poor entry, one of the lowest ever, last year we had nearly 200
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »