Female 

02-01-2010, 06:54 AM
I hope Monty is okay hopefully he is back to his normal self soon
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 07:25 AM
He shouldn't be moping about, IMO.

Personally, if this continues, I would get him checked over by your vet - just for some peace of mind.....

Good luck, Esme, keep us posted, and give Monty a gentle hug from me

x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Glad to read he perked up a bit. Hoping it continues
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
How is Monty today? I hope he's feeling better. I meant to say yesterday, if it was just the cold affecting him perhaps a cosy jacket would help him throught this chilly weather? I have taken the plunge with Ollie with a waterproof jacket. He copes reasonably well with the cold but not when he's wet through.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
A little update on Monty today:

Well he started the day off really snoozy again but when i got up to clean and tidy the house he spent his time charging in and out the house with his stuffed turkey that he got for secret santa.

Then we played for an hour so and then he went for a walk followed by a drink at the rugby club where the boys played with him.

Then we came home and he pestered me to play whilst i was cooking and now he's fast asleep on the sofa.

He's been much more with it today so i'm pleased with that but i've made the decision that i'm having the lump/bald patch on his head tested as the last week's episodes have made me wonder whether there's more to it than meets the eye.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Following Monty's recent lull in liveliness and almost depresssive manner (link to other thread below)

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=118080

i've decided i'm going to have the lump/bald spot on his head tested.

Here's a recent photo of it:

Before Xmas we had his boosters done and a general check up with the vet and she's said she wants to monitor it's size over the next 12 months. She suggested that they could take a blood sample and possibly a scraping from it and test for causes as it seems to become more raised as he gets older.

I personally think it's probably due to the fact that it grows in proportion to his growth but part of me can't help wondering if there is more to it and whether it is starting to cause him problems.

My biggest concern is that it's some kind of tumour or something and we sat down last night and discussed getting the tests done. I've decided that I don't want to put him through anything unnecessary but I also couldn't live with myself if he fell ill or something because of it.

I know it sounds really daft but all i've thought about whilst he's been quiet and withdrawn is that the lump is something that could shorten his life and if thats the case then i'd rather just know now that it be sudden and unexpected.

I know this probably all sounds a bit OTT but I just want the best for him and finding out what the lump is might help us to give him that.

Not sure whether i'm asking for advice or not really, maybe just looking for people who've been in a similar situation.

Thanks for reading.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
i don't have any advice but i just wanted to say that i think you're doing the right thing. chances are there is no connection but for your peace of mind (and his) getting it checked is very sensible.

hugs to you and monty. xxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm sure I'd be like you and once I'd got the thought into my head it would be there all the time. So I'm also sure that if I was in your position, I'd have the tests done too.

Fingers crossed they all come back clear. x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I probably should've explained the history for those who don't know.

Monty was born with the two patches and was checked out by the breeder's vet from day one who assured us before we saw him that it was purely a lack of hair follicles in the two patches and it was the dog equivilent of a birth mark.

As a pup it was only slightly raised and has grown in proportion with him so as he's got older its got bigger and more raised.

Our vet showed no major concerns when we took him in as a pup to register him and any other vet he's seen since has shown no major concern either.

He never scratches at it and the only one issue we have is keeping it well covered in sun lotion in the summer and keeping it well moisturised in the winter as it dries out.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Looks like a scarcoid to me, can dogs get sarcoids?
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »