View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:01 PM
How is your girlie, Helen? Hope everything is OK. Thinking of you. Let us know when you can. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone, and once again many, many thanks for all these lovely messages of support for this nightmare household, but I have good news to report, VERY good news in fact!!!

We're back to stepping on squeaky toys lying all over the house, tripping over balls, coz Zena is almost back to normal! The poor girl had to have two big ab's this morning, a squirt of her paste and how she still loves me I will never know, but I'm sure she does, coz she came in and woke me up twice during the night, just to give me a big kiss and slope off back to bed, oh I just love her cute little ways

A good night, neither of them wanted to go out until 7.45 which is unheard of, but then I'M downstairs in charge of them at the moment and not daddy who's good for a wind up to see how many times they can disturb him overnight!! This is now proof that it's HIM not them!!!

She wasn't interested in food this morning except her Wainwright's biccies, so she got a couple of those, then a pot of bio yoghurt with her pills in, but she left all those so I offered chicken and rice, chicken and mash, no, fish and rice, fish and potato, still no, so I opened a tin of pilchards and it was a big YES!! She managed to eat two with some potato and that's all I wanted to give her anyway.

I rang the vet just to ask what I can and can't do with the suture wound coz I don't believe that vet yesterday when she said I could put Fuciderm ON it, and the vet said not ON it, but around it on the red stuff, so I'm so glad I rang to confirm that, and job done!

We've just taken them on a really long walk around the village, she wore her trendy lime green t-shirt of course, but Georgie went naked coz I was going to give him a good bath when we got home, coz the poor boy hasn't had one since Zena came to ours. He was such a good boy in the shower, I have to go in there with him coz of my back, so we both had a good shower, although I probably smelled worse when I came outta there than I did before I went in, kind of wet dog smell!!!

Sleeping now both of them, I won't be offering any more food until this evening with the pills, and I've been to Tesco to get some REAL fish, she's got haddock steaks with rice, and I'm sure she'll much prefer that to the doggy minced fish from P@H, and for the time being, she's gonna get spoiled rotten with proper human food, I don't care about the growing process for the moment, I just want her back to her normal, fit and healthy self, full of beans, which she almost is!

I just sat down in the kitchen with Dave, looked at myself in the big mirror, and thought, this is not a good look I've got going on here, so later on today, I'm gonna have some of that well earned MEEEEEEE time and have a proper girlie shower in the process, not a smelly old doggy shower! Lol!

Hi Tabs, I haven't read your thread yet, but I'm sure your girl is doing just fine and I hope to God she doesn't go through any nightmares like I've had here with Zena, but I'm sure she won't!! They reckon stitches out in TEN days don't they??? I'm sure I'm right on that from what I've been reading up on of late, coz as you can appreciate, I'm an expert on speying and related problems now having read half the web!!! If you do have to go in there with her for something, then put a t-shirt on her for gawd's sake in case she lays down on that vet's floor coz I'm sure that's what happened here with us and Zena's toy that was being picked up off the floor too with all the germs from other dogs! Oh in hindsight

I've been thinking, when humans have any kind of op they always give us ab's done they, so I'm wondering why the heck they don't do the same for dogs??? Surely, it's better to prevent bugs getting in at this crucial time than to offer them afterwards when it's too late imo!!!!!

Well, I'd go so far as to say things are slowly getting back to "normal" around here, whatever that is of course, coz life is hardly normal at the best of times!!!! Thanks again guys, sooooooooooooo much, you just wouldn't know how you've helped me get through this yet again!xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, and miracles upon miracles, she produced an almost NORMAL, although soft and yellow, poo this morning for me, no more water squirting out, so that's gotta say something about my extra special tlc and nursing skills huh????!!!!Lol!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:15 PM
that's fantastic news helen!!!

that's just what we all wanted to hear. good girl zena for trusting your mum so much!

oh i'm soooooo pleased for you both!!

i agree, zena should be completely spoiled rotten while she gets back on her paws. normality will be restored all in good time!! xxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks Claire An executive decision was made by me this morning too........................ NO MORE DOGS!!!!!!! That's affirmative!!!!! They'll be the death of me these furry friends I love so much.xxxxxx Oh I'm in heaven today, you just wouldn't know what this takes out of me, but then knowing you, you would!!!!x xxxxxx
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh i am so glad all is well!!
The tee shirt thing is a great idea- but werm is permanantly in a jumper anyway as she gets cold havinh=g little fur.....
you have done so well to stay calm and collected well done!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:23 PM
So very pleased to read this update Aitch! Fingers and paws crossed it continues!xx
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I am so pleased, Helen. Great news. Take care, and enjoy your me time.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Claire An executive decision was made by me this morning too........................ NO MORE DOGS!!!!!!! That's affirmative!!!!! They'll be the death of me these furry friends I love so much.xxxxxx Oh I'm in heaven today, you just wouldn't know what this takes out of me, but then knowing you, you would!!!!x xxxxxx
ahh but the good times far outweigh the bad times don't forget!!

and yes, i know just how much these furries get so far under your skin you just don't know how you were ever happy without them!! having said that i would probably be wrinkle free and not needing to dye my grey hairs if i didn't have animals!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Fantastic news!

YAY!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Just caught this, H. What a time of it! Pleased to hear Zena is on the mend now though. And back to winding up Dave with Geogie boy soon.
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »