Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:35 PM

My Monkey baby

Is anyone watching this??? On Channel 4, following couples who have monkeys as kids, these ppl are mental!!!!!! dressing them up, make up and worst of all one of them may have taken pills but rather than take him to the vet she phoned an animal psychic to see if he had taken them WTF!!!!!!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I've got it on and yes - some people are strange.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 05:52 AM
weird people that want to have a 'child' that doesnt leave home. wonder if they will still feel that way in 20 - 30 yrs time. monkeys are wild animals and i didnt like the way they used them to fulfill the owners needs.

sue
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
The worse think is that they remove their teeth so they can't bite If you watch many programmes or films with 'wild' animals in them, when you see them open their mouths in most cases the canines have been removed.
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
Is anyone watching this??? On Channel 4, following couples who have monkeys as kids, these ppl are mental!!!!!! dressing them up, make up and worst of all one of them may have taken pills but rather than take him to the vet she phoned an animal psychic to see if he had taken them WTF!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The worse think is that they remove their teeth so they can't bite If you watch many programmes or films with 'wild' animals in them, when you see them open their mouths in most cases the canines have been removed.
Becky
Watched bits of it... cant believe the cruelty involved in this

Taking babies of their mothers at only days old to sell to some totally self centred people

Saw a bit where a young couple had a baby, who he (man) proudly boasts has only been away from his natural mother for 3 days.... the baby was terrified, as they where trying to put a nappy on it.

God it disgusted me, so had to turn it off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...my-monkey-baby
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I wondered if the monkeys had not teeth. It made me very sad watching that programme. All of the people involved had obvious psychological issues. One woman had had a hysterectomy at an early age, then was married to a man and had two step-daughters. She left the marriage and never saw the girls again. So she got lots of monkeys to compensate.

One woman obviously had issues with her children growing up and not being able to control them any longer. She admitted as much on the programme.

The young man had had such a bad relationship with his father that he'd had a vasectomy at the age of 22 so that he couldn't have kids. Presumably to avoid the same kind of terrible relationship he'd had with his dad.

And that monkey breeder - she was a horrific woman. All those monkeys in bare cages. It was so very sad for the monkeys and I was sad for the people who hadn't got the psychological support they needed.