View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I would take him to be checked. Better safe than sorry, it does sound very like Fudge id wwhen she is very scared but I would want to rule out any physical. Good luck. Text me when you know.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks so much guys. Honestly I am SOOO glad I don't have kids. Stuart spoke to the vet as I was getting more and more upset. Have to say the vet was fantastic and we can phone back anytime if we are worried. She asked loads of questions, time of last walk, amount fed, amount drumk, last time he palyed well, does he come when called, can he/does he get up on furniture, colour of gums eyes etc how were stools.

She then got us to run hands over back and shoulder and apply a very small amount of pressure there were no more yelps but he did move away. She thinks that he has twisted pulled a muscle and this is why noises effect him as he trys to turn to hear the sound and gets a twitch from the muscle She said to give him a paracetamol (well a quarter of one to be precise) and just keep an eye on him.

She said temperatures is fine and the fact that he hasn't been alone all day nor been unable to poo she doesn't think its serious.

No long walks for 5 days, no chasing toys and he is not allowed on furniture to allow the muscle to heal. Any change phone back immediately

I am a bit happier now. Thanks for advice and support guys. x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
No worries Lynne

I am so glad you have peace of mind.That sounds like a great service you have there.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
The last time he spent any significant time in his cage was 2 fireworks nights ago and the poor lamb been there since we got off the phone to the vet

I just wish I could make him better
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Bless him, think your vet could be right, I was wondering if he had pulled something.

Hope he shows some improvement tomorrow, looks like he just wants some rest....gentle hugs xxxxxxx the gang send thier love
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Awwwwwww bless. Hope he feels better soon x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
awe hows my wee spud now? he does look really sorry for himself....
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys I am worse state than he is!!

He has come out of the cage (whuich is covered and blocked in, so I guess is a safe den?) and is lying on the "cosy" his comfy soft bed beside the PC out in the open living room. He has been out for his last widdle and went no bother but wasnt intersested in taking a toy (VERY unusual)

I assume the paracetamol will be kicking in so maybe and hopefully the vet was right. Poor wee sausage I just feel so sorry for him. Want to give him huge cuddles but he doesn't want them so will leave him be and hopefully he will feel a wee bit better tomorrow.

Him and I thank you all for your thoughts advice etc xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Poor Ben.

But I'm so pleased he has a mum like you that can spot when something isn't right.

I bet he's bouncing around again long before the 5 days are up and you'll be more worried about how to keep him quiet

in the meantime gentle hugs to you and Ben xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Poor Ben, he doesn't look too happy, but hopefully by the morning he will be back to his normal bouncy self. Its so hard when they can't tell you whats wrong.
Sending lots of positive (((vibes))) his way for a speedy recovery.
Hope you get a good nights sleep. I'm like you worry over everything, but we do know our dogs and pick up very quickly when they are not right.
Page 2 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »