register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Which food do you feed?
Purina Pro Plan 2 1.27%
Pedigree Professional 0 0%
James Wellbeloved 21 13.38%
Arden Grange 18 11.46%
Orijen 15 9.55%
other 114 72.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I,ve picked up a bag of Davies ranger senior and light which seems good value and ingredients, rice chicken fish and veg no wheat oats or soya and no colours ,Will see how they go on it . On skinners ruff and ready at the moment not suiting one of them though so he's having gilpa .
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Raw here.

Super healthy dogs, minimal poo and sparkling teeth. What more could a girl ask for?!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I feed raw and have done so for 10 years, but I keep Orijen for emergencies and use it for training.

I think the quality of the food cannot be surpassed and it has won the Glycemic Institute first prize for dog food two years in a row.

As it contains no grains this is why I like it and it is a better quality than any other similar product in the UK (IMHO).

I do sometimes use the vacuum packed Natures Harvest as although it has rice, the quality of the product in this category is second to none (IMHO).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I feed raw and have done so for 10 years, but I keep Orijen for emergencies and use it for training.

I think the quality of the food cannot be surpassed and it has won the Glycemic Institute first prize for dog food two years in a row.

As it contains no grains this is why I like it and it is a better quality than any other similar product in the UK (IMHO).

I do sometimes use the vacuum packed Natures Harvest as although it has rice, the quality of the product in this category is second to none (IMHO).
That's why I like this F4D, no added rubbish to bulk it out, just pure fish and potato and seaweed extract in some of the foods.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I love the other stuff that is in Orijen so it is not just fish and potato (or bison etc).

I also like the fact that Orijen specifies the different types of fish used in its fish formula rather than saying "white fish" so you know the analysis is always the same.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Fish 4 Dogs and Origen are great foods but they are so expensive ! i'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford them lol
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Fish 4 Dogs and Origen are great foods but they are so expensive ! i'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford them lol
Totally agree...especially Orijen. I just looked up the price and it is £55.99 for 13kg; made my eyes water!! as much as I love my dogs, I don't think I could justify spending more than I spend on food for myself (which it would be...easily!) when they eat poo, dead fish & scavenge anything and everything.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 08:01 PM
It is very expensive but that is mainly because it is imported.

I don't mind paying for quality, but it is unrealistically priced for the majority of people.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I priced it before at £62. including delivery for 13.5kg

If you are feeding 4 dogs that would consume a 13kg bag each in a month, thats £248 per month!! rediculously high, even for quality. It may cost up to about £14 less (?) depending on delivery charges etc but still !!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:21 PM
It's a shame Orijen have outpriced themselves for most peoples pockets.

I've ticked 'other'. My lot have a mixture; some have Autarky with F4d as a topping, others have CSJ lamb/rice with Sooper Dooper as a topping and the 2 younger ones have F4D with Nature Diet on top. Then occasionally I will get minced leftovers from the butcher and they'll have that as well plus marrow bones & the odd tin of sardines or mackerel. The pony gets all the leftover veg peelings.

Crikey, reading back it looks complicated!
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »