Female 

15-10-2011, 03:26 PM
My actifry I absolutely adore it!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
I have to say my JML Nicer-a-Dicer it saves me so much time, it dices, slices, to any thickness, you can have diced/slices /jullien Carrots, veg ready for stews/soup, done, and no hand ache.
My bread Maker, I don't like bought bread so us it to dough stage then do whatever I want with the dough.
Vicky which Halogen Oven have you got, my freind had one and it blew up after 121/2mnths.
I have the JML halogen oven (and the nicer dicer too!) - the bulb went soon after I bought it and changing the bulb I b*ggered it up, but bless JML, they replaced it free of charge. The new one is perfect, but it's a real job trying to get the lid clean.....

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
My old wooden handled Sabatier knives, I worked out the other day one is over 40 years old.
Also my 28cm SKK deep sided saute pan which I use for just about everything from drop scones to stir fries. It was expensive but worth every penny
I have Sabatier knives too and have had them for over 20 years...... mine have bakolite handles and cannot go in the dishwasher but are dead easy to clean anyway. I did buy some all stainless steel "Cooks" knives, which are fab, but I always reach for the Sabatier...... when sharpened it's like a razor!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:40 PM
That's easy...... Robin, my new fiance, who is an IT guy who cooks, so since he's moved in the kitchen is his domain, and I only cook if I want to.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:41 PM
right now the microwave and the George Foreman, that may change later
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Wow - I didn't think this thread would be so popular

I wish I had more time to cook, and wasn't so intolerant to so many foods. My mouths watering just thinking about all the things I'd make (that I can't have!) lol

This gives me an idea for another thread too
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Wow - I didn't think this thread would be so popular

I wish I had more time to cook, and wasn't so intolerant to so many foods. My mouths watering just thinking about all the things I'd make (that I can't have!) lol

This gives me an idea for another thread too
ooooh, which thread? which thread?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 12:13 PM
mine has to be my Titan peeler, takes all the effort out of peeling veg. I like it also because it only takes a sliver of skin, saves waste and vitamins!!!!

x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
My actifry I absolutely adore it!
Is it really as good as the adverts say?
I have been so tempted.
What sort of quantities can it cope with?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:40 AM
My induction hob. So quick, so controllable and easy to clean.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
My induction hob. So quick, so controllable and easy to clean.
I finally found a portable single induction hob for use in the summer [the gas on my little 3-burner hob blows out when the window is open ] and it is all of the above. The only downside [apart from the price, which is astronomical compared with similar that are available in the UK] is that the controls and instructions are in Hebrew only and I cannot understand half of what the instructions say. So it is a bit of trial and error with all the control buttons!

Another ideal thing about it is that when I had a kitchen base unit made the guy who made it gave me some off-cuts of the material to use as chopping boards, and one fits exactly over the induction hob. It means that when the hob is not in use I can cover it to save possible damage, and sit something on top of it if necessary, giving me back the worktop footprint it takes up!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >