View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2011, 12:29 AM

Your most prized possesion... in the kitchen!

What is your most prized possession in the kitchen? (Apart from fridge/oven/dishwasher ) I'm talking mainly cooking aids/pots/pans etc
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I think mine is my Le Creuset casserole dish - I think it makes a massive difference, and while I was always sceptical about paying lots of money for pots/pans etc I am no more!

You can make the most amazing roast and gravy with it om nom nom yum!

I was actually quite lucky, bought it off ebay as an unwanted wedding gift (last years model) but then got it home and noticed there was a chip on the inside sent it back to Le Creuset tho and they offered me a new one even asked me which colour I wanted! They offer a lifetime warrany on all their cast-iron cookware. I have bought a Le Creuset saute pan and a few other smaller Le Creuset items too so they haven't lost out - in fact I will almost certainly always save up for Le Creuset gear now because it really is as good as everyone says.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:20 AM
For me it's my halogen oven. It makes the most amazing, crispy jacket spuds, and I can cook a whole roast dinner in just one pot - brilliant!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2011, 06:31 AM
As I do not have a cooker/oven/stove/whatever-you-call-it, nor a dishwasher, I would have to say that my most prized possession/s is/are all the small electrical items that make it possible for me to cook whatever I want.

I could give up one of my four slow cookers if I really had to though...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:38 AM
My little De Longhi table top fan oven, I couldn't be without it. I can chuck in my little roast lunch, go off and walk the dogs for an hour, come back and it's all ready. It's a fantastic piece of equipment, far better cooking results than my main oven in the kitchen. I'm on my 3rd one now over the past 10 years, but they don't make this model anymore, so when this one blows up I'm going to have problems, coz I've tried some of the others and nothing compares. It lives out in the bootroom too, so I never worry that the house will be on fire when I get home

I use it for Dave's dinner too, which means I only ever use the kitchen oven on a Sunday, so it saves me money I hope.

I'm definitely going to buy one of those Halogens after reading your post Vicki and it can go next to this table top for my jacket spuds!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:39 AM
I have a few actually -

1. my melamine mixing bowls - http://www.legendcookshop.co.uk/imag...ixing_bowl.jpg they are fab sizes and so easy to hold while you mix and then pour. There's a rubber ring on the bottom too to stop them slipping.

2. my Columbian black pottery set - http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/002...ain.jpg?100001 I have a paella dish and a casserole pot. They are fab for using on the hob and in the oven and retain their heat so continue to cook on the table so you can carry on chatting with guests before you serve. They look fab too!

3. my olive wood pestle and mortar - http://www.originalcookware.co.uk/im...9596670000.jpg A beautiful, useful piece that I use everyday. I cannot stand the grinding noise of stone ones so this is perfect.

4. my wok. I cook everything in my wok, from sauces to risottos and curries. It's easy to use, a good size and easy clean so looks brand new even though I've had it for years!

My dream kitchen item would be a kitchen aid artisan mixer - http://www.aolcookshop.co.uk/acatalo...berry-Pink.jpg

Oh how I would love one of those!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Simples. Nigella. I have a girl crush on her. My other must have is my food processor now I feed raw...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:12 AM
My cast iron stew pot....

can be used to cook rice, stew casseroles etc etc., only need to bring it to boiling point then switch off and leave, the heat from the cast iron carries on cooking...brill gas saver
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Simples. Nigella. I have a girl crush on her. My other must have is my food processor now I feed raw...
You have Nigella in your kitchen????

I too have a total crush on her!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Ohh I have so many prized possesions/gadgets in my kitchen!

My first one would be this:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...&words=spatula

I know what you're all thinking - "But it's just a spatula". Essentially yes it is but this bad boy will get every last remnant of any mixture out of the pan/bowl resulting in minimum wastage and easier washing up!

My next one would probably have to be my food processor purely for the time it saves for slicing potatoes for dauphinois or grating cheese. I also have a mini one for making curry pastes etc.

My last one is my chopping board - my mum gave it to me when we bought our first house and everyone always comments on it when they come round. It's a massive solid piece of wood, i nearly dropped it on my foot once and can easily say it would've crushed my foot!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »