View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Gosh, I am not. It's just that I don't want Carys to get bored with the same stuff so I try to do different things. I've just hard boiled an egg for tomorrow's sandwich, so I don't have to do it tomorrow.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Ham sandwich or nothing!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Sometimes leftovers, sometimes homemade soup, sometimes sandwiches (chicken or ham, with salad), occasionally 'emergency' lunches (tinned stuff - soup, spag hoops etc, kept in my desk for emergencies).

As we're on campus, there are about 7 or 8 places I can buy lunch at as well - either sandwiches, jacket potatoes, toasties, or actual lunches (e.g. curry, pasta, sausage and mash etc)
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Sometimes leftovers, sometimes homemade soup, sometimes sandwiches (chicken or ham, with salad), occasionally 'emergency' lunches (tinned stuff - soup, spag hoops etc, kept in my desk for emergencies).

As we're on campus, there are about 7 or 8 places I can buy lunch at as well - either sandwiches, jacket potatoes, toasties, or actual lunches (e.g. curry, pasta, sausage and mash etc)
Hi Isochick

Where do you work? I'm at the Manchester Met Uni and have just moved buildings and the nearest refectory is fantastic. Can have sandwiches, soup or a choice of hot meals each day, but have to restrain myself otherwise I'd be the size of a house!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Fruit salad and a cup of tea , every day
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Hi Isochick

Where do you work? I'm at the Manchester Met Uni and have just moved buildings and the nearest refectory is fantastic. Can have sandwiches, soup or a choice of hot meals each day, but have to restrain myself otherwise I'd be the size of a house!
I work at Lancaster Uni, so we're on campus all the time! We don't really have a proper refectory, as most of our halls are self catering. However, we've got several coffee shops, a Greggs, an Indian, and some cafes, as well as a couple of general purpose shops that do sandwiches etc

I try and only eat 'out' once a week with friends, otherwise I'd have a cooked meal every lunchtime, and one for my evening meal too!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Toast or cheese/beans/spaghetti on toast or a sandwich, crisps and a biscuit or a small plate of chips.. anything, now I'm not at my Mum's I don't really keep my meals the sizes I used to..
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Fruit salad and a cup of tea , every day
even in the middle of Winter? You're very good!

I've just bought a Thermos King for myself and my husband. I'm going to make a vat of soup on Sundays and then warm it on the hob in the mornings while I'm making our porridge. In theory, it should keep hot for up to 7 hours so this, with a slice of homemade bread that I'll also do on Sundays should keep it cheap, simple and healthy through winter!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2