Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:55 PM

Lunch

How much effort do you usually put into lunch?

Do you just take left overs? Do you make sandwiches every day? Do you stick to the same things, or jazz it up each day? Salads? Wraps?

I need inspiration.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I won't be much help......

Fruit - or
Half fat Super Noodles

That's it......

Told you....
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I have wraps as I am allergic to yeast. I usually have cheese and coleslaw and salad in them. Sometimes I take fresh pineapple in too.

I am a bit boring food-wise and usually eat the same stuff day in and day out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I have the full works, normally a little roast lunch, loin of pork, chicken breast, roast totties, all cooked courtesy of my little table top oven out in the bootrom, whilst I go off walking the dog! Can't beat it! I suppose I should be doing the walk AFTER such a lunch, but instead I sleep lol!

I don't feel guilty because this is the only meal I eat in a day, no brekkie, no supper, just my lunchtime roast!

Bit difficult though if you've gotta take it to work I suppose?!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I come home for my lunch but i usually have a pitta filled with either ham, chicken or tuna. Or i will have leftovers of tea from the night before.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
I do various things for my little girl - savoury muffins, various sandwiches and rolls, wraps, cold pizza, cold frittata and pasta or rice salads. I also add various other things to her lunchbox, such as fruit, dried fruit, cheese, crackers, dip, fromage frais, yoghurt, fruit muffins, cake and always a pot of chopped up veggies such as carrots, cucumber, broccoli, etc.

Today she had salmon and cream cheese sandwich, a pot of carrot and cucumber sticks, a slice of home made banana cake (sugar free ), a Humzinger fruit stick, a Babybel and a carton of orange juice and a water bottle for her after school sports. The water bottle did not come home.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I do various things for my little girl - savoury muffins, various sandwiches and rolls, wraps, cold pizza, cold frittata and pasta or rice salads. I also add various other things to her lunchbox, such as fruit, dried fruit, cheese, crackers, dip, fromage frais, yoghurt, fruit muffins, cake and always a pot of chopped up veggies such as carrots, cucumber, broccoli, etc.

Today she had salmon and cream cheese sandwich, a pot of carrot and cucumber sticks, a slice of home made banana cake (sugar free ), a Humzinger fruit stick, a Babybel and a carton of orange juice and a water bottle for her after school sports. The water bottle did not come home.
Wow, that all sounds wonderful. What a good Mummy you are!!!!

I can't wait until I can make lovely lunches for my small one xx
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Usually stir fry here. Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces, 100g (uncooked weight) of rice, beansprouts, peas and whatever other veggies I have to put in it. Not much use if you're at work though I suppose unless you ate it cold or warmed it up in the microwave.

When I was working it used to be a microwaveable ready meal for lunch.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Sandwhiches almost always, or cereal!

Helena54 How do you cope with one meal a day? I love breakfast, lunch and dinner
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:18 PM
lucky star - you are such a good mummy, how do you find the time to do that !!!!

Luca is easy, he would literally esat cheese wraps every day if he could, whenever I put anything remotely interesting in his lunch box it comes back home again !!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >