Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mirali
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2009, 02:48 AM

Fatty pocket on Back

my vet told me it was only a fatty pocket it is getting bigger could it be a cyst or somthing more serious? Please help. thanks julie.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-01-2009, 02:54 AM
It's hard to say Juliianne. My advice would be to see the vet although you've already done that.

Do you have another vet you consult if you're worried ?

I'm no health expert but perhaps you could post a picture of the problem for others to see ?

Good luck anyway - fingers crossed it's nothing serious.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Good Morning.

Sorry you don't state the dogs age, but if it is old, this could just be a fatty pocket/lump. My late Border Collie, had one on her side as she became older and that grow to a real decent size. The was another one on her back but not as big. She had them for about 4 years before she came to the end and suffered no problems with them.

If your still unhappy about it, I'd pop along again, and as Phil said, perhaps see another vet. No harm in getting a second opinion. Good Luck
Mirali
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank You I will!!!
Mirali
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2009, 11:39 AM
she is 9 yrs old going on 10. Thank you I was scared because when he first felt it, It was the size of a dime now it is like a quarter, it does not seem to bother her at all and she is happy all the time. I think it worry's me because it does keep getting bigger. thank you julie
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2009, 11:57 AM
If it is soft, smooth and palpable it is probably a fatty lump, quite common in older dogs and not serious.

You may have it removed if it gets too big in a simple surgical procedure.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Older and overweight dogs get fatty lumps. I always get them looked at by the vet to make sure they`re benign.
It`s always worth keeping an eye on them in case they grow big enough to affect the tissues around them.