Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2007, 10:21 PM

When will Scotland be independent ?

Last week the Scottish parliament voted to ban all air rifles in Scotland, great news who the hell needs an air rifle anyways, a few years ago a toddler in Glasgow was killed by one.

However Westminster has vetoed the ban, the English parly still has the power to do this,

If we had independence the ban would have been enacted and it would've stopped idiots firing these weapons at any target they choose to select.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I ish they were banned also, or certainly given the same restrictions as any other gun.
Becky
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I have to agree with you there,kids soooo often get their mitts on them too easy.
I also would love a ban on fireworks too though,xxxxxxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree, my cousin was shot in the leg by one as a child, by a local boy who pinched his dads air rifle for fun !! It's no fun when youre an adult let alone a child, and children shouldnt be in danger of these morons that want guns of any kind IMO !!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Living in tghe Borders whould be difficult if Scotland became independant, love being together, however think if it happened would consider moving to Gretna or that area as feel it would be best
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Not long if Europe continues to try and weaken any 'other' unions that exist across Europe and do everything they can to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
Can we take it then that you don't much like the guy
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Not long if Europe continues to try and weaken any 'other' unions that exist across Europe and do everything they can to pave the way for that little egomentalist (Salmond) to spread his xenephobia.
A quote from the BBC political correspondent 2 weeks ago Phil, " Alex Salmond is the only true international statesman in the Scottish parly, he's well respected internationally, the rest are a bunch of political nonentities ".
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I personally would have no problem with Scotland becoming independent on the grounds that all Scottish MP's had to leave the English parliament and stop interfering in the way we want to run our country.

It really gets on my wick that Scottish MP's can sit in Westminster, but English MP's can't sit in Holyrood.

You take the MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Yes please) who happens to be Gordon Brown. He's an MP for a Scottish constituency, but he's still the PM.

Dennis the biggest problem Scotland is going to have trying to get full independence will be getting all those MP's to give up their sits and move out of Westminster and their cosy little London flats which help to pay for.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I personally would have no problem with Scotland becoming independent on the grounds that all Scottish MP's had to leave the English parliament and stop interfering in the way we want to run our country.

It really gets on my wick that Scottish MP's can sit in Westminster, but English MP's can't sit in Holyrood.

You take the MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Yes please) who happens to be Gordon Brown. He's an MP for a Scottish constituency, but he's still the PM.

Dennis the biggest problem Scotland is going to have trying to get full independence will be getting all those MP's to give up their sits and move out of Westminster and their cosy little London flats which help to pay for.
I agree with you 100% Colin, we have a 2 tier government system in the UK, this is why the English MP's blocked the air-gun ban up here, how on earth can an MP based in London look after his constituents in Scotland.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >