Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 07:27 PM

*Poison* Hazelrigg / Dinnington Woods ( Havannah ) Newcastle Upon Tyne

Hey Guys

If there is anyone who walks their dogs in the nature reserve in this area i would advise caution as people have been putting poison down.

My friends mum was walking her dogs there the other day, when they came back Rex started vomiting and having fits, she rushed him up to the vets and they said that he had ate poison. She had to leave him there as he was getting treated, when she returned home Trixi ( 16yo JRT ) ate his vomit. She then started vomiting and starting to have fits as well, so she had to take her straight up. Unfortunately due to Trixi's age she died from this. Rex is now fine and running after his ball like nothing happened.

But if you do let your dogs off lead there please please be carefull. The ranger knows about this but as he doesnt know where they picked the poison up he cant do a whole lot about it yet. There are posters up now though.

I keep telling people, i cant understand why this is happening so much around here. If you dont like dogs dont get one. Theres no need to hurt any one elses.

R.I.P Trixi
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 10:19 PM
thats so sad
run free trixie