Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoanneR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Isn't it lovely when...

...you walk into a room and two sleeping dogs wag their tails JUST because you're there.

...you're sitting down somewhere and your dog comes up to you, sits down and just LEANS against you.

...you smell the top of your dog's head.

...you smell your dog's paws.

...you return home and they're filled with glee because you came back. It was only five minutes but it could have been a week to them!

...you're cleaning them off after a long, muddy walk and they're so tired they snuggle into the towel and start to snore.

...you administer veterinary medicine or treat a wound and they hate it but, after you're done, they press into you for a cuddle and 'thank' you for helping them.

...they've had their meal (after waiting patiently [not] whilst you disgorge the contents of a can & mixer into their bowls) and they press their dog food covered muzzles into your face to say 'thank you'.

...when you're ill and your dog lies down by the side of your bed and mopes with you until you're fit again.

...you have visitors and you assure them your dog has the vocabulary of a four year old child and he demonstrates this by responding perfectly to your command of 'go into the kitchen, go to your toy box and bring the stuffed pheasant into the living room'.

...your two dogs respond to YOUR name every single time but NEVER to to your husband's name (joke if hubby is reading!)

MORE PLEASE!

What are your favourite doggy moments?

Share those times when your dogs just melt your heart. What do you love most about owning a dog?

I'll bet there are some seriously cute moments out there.

Here is a picture of my two (Lab and Boxer) if the link works (let me know if not and I'll try and remedy it).

Lab is now 3 and Boxer a year old. Despite the caption they adore each other and pine if they are in separate rooms!

Looking forward to some fun posts.

Joanne

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Lol Joanne, you sure did get that caption right on that gorgeous piccy there!!!

All of the above, especially those tails slapping on the floor when you walk into the room, that's always been my favourite

I kind of like that smile they do when they're sleeping on their side, that black rubbery bit seems to curl up in a smile when they're just nodding off, happy dogs nodding off to sleep

I will have more, but loving that picture!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I'll have to have a good think about this one but that picture really made me smile! That caption is spot on!

We've got a boxer and when we took him back to see his mum and the breeder, their older Boxer looked traumatised that Monty had come back as she was so pleased when he left!
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Aww, I love everything you put and it's all spot on.

I can add I love the moments Bramble sits in front of me with a huge smile on her face and stares into my eyes so lovingly and I can just feel that she loves her mommy!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
My favourite is when I come home at lunchtime, and Lennon and Mya bring me a cuddly toy, bums wagging like crazy.

Makes me feel so wonderful, I wish I could bottle it
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by JoanneR View Post
...you return home and they're filled with glee because you came back. It was only five minutes but it could have been a week to them!
That's the one that gets me every time. I only work 3hrs a day (apart from one) and Marius goes nuts when I come home - play-bowing, stump doing helicopters and snorting & snuffling to greet me. No matter how crappy you might feel, it's guaranteed to make you smile

I also love it when I sneeze or cry (I am a HUGE sobber at soppy films lol!!) - he always comes over and looks very concerned and tries to comfort me. Bless his cottons!!
JoanneR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your comments.

To think, I took that photo hoping for a really cute shot, but Trevor (the Lab) had his eyes closed and I was going to delete it.

However, after a second glance, there was a perfect caption begging to be appended to the photo and I'm so glad you all like it!

I will post some more photos of my two if you're all interested. Nothing as funny as the caption one but cute al the same.

Another lovely moment...

...when you're trying to complete a crossword puzzle and your Boxer jumps up and 'spreads' her floppy face all over the puzzle 'cos she knows if she interrupts you, you'll pay her some attention.

I realise this is very specific to Boxers but don't they just know EXACTLY how to press your buttons?

I have never known such a human dog as Boxer.

They have so many human-like expressions it's uncanny and quite spooky the way my Boxer uses this skill to manipulate me.

I probably should find a Boxer thread to discuss the above but, then again, my Lab seems to mirror my moods and emotions too.

Keep them coming!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
The other day i was upset over something and Dougal came up on the couch and rested his head on my shoulder as if to say *what's up Mum*. I love that.

Or when he does his 'I'm insane, and I LOVE running up and down the living room at 100mph'!

Not sure about the smelling paws thing...Dougal's feet really smell. No matter what we do.

or that thing he does when I come down in the morning, turning in a circle wagging like mad and then walking between my legs (bit disconcerting at first but you get used to it).
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by JoanneR View Post
Thanks for your comments.

Another lovely moment...

...when you're trying to complete a crossword puzzle and your Boxer jumps up and 'spreads' her floppy face all over the puzzle 'cos she knows if she interrupts you, you'll pay her some attention.

I realise this is very specific to Boxers but don't they just know EXACTLY how to press your buttons?

I have never known such a human dog as Boxer.

They have so many human-like expressions it's uncanny and quite spooky the way my Boxer uses this skill to manipulate me.

I probably should find a Boxer thread to discuss the above but, then again, my Lab seems to mirror my moods and emotions too.

Keep them coming!
That crossword thing is so true, our Boxer does similar things. He normally comes and sits next to me, rests his head on my shoulder then does a huge snotty sigh in my face. Nice!

I love it at the weekends when Monty gets up to go out to the loo and then he comes back in and puts his head on the edge of the bed by my head and stares as if to say "come on mum, get up!" Makes getting out of bed at the weekend more worthwhile.

I also love it when he brings me one of his toys, pushes it into my legs then runs away when i try to grab it, makes me laugh every time.

Also love it when he snores, its just so cute.

I look forward to seeing more pics of your two Joanne.
JoanneR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok, here are some photos of my dogs.

They are my life and I love them to bits.

Trevor is a 3 year old Labrador and Audrey is a year old Boxer (neutered).

Looking forward to more doggy smile moments.

Joanne
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >