View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 04:20 PM
I admit to being acquainted personally with one or two, so I know they're not ALL fraudsters, but those who are have tarred the whole lot with the same brush. Perhaps all MP expenses should be subject to scrutiny by a changing panel of the general public (us!) to be sure they are properly payable?

Snorri
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Well the its general publics money they have swindled so they should be accountable in the same way. Self regulation needs to stop as well, this is never heard of anywhere else so why should they be any different. Giving themselves pay rises etc its farcical. Canvassers have been coming around here for the local elections, i won't vote for any of them.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Well the its general publics money they have swindled so they should be accountable in the same way. Self regulation needs to stop as well, this is never heard of anywhere else so why should they be any different. Giving themselves pay rises etc its farcical. Canvassers have been coming around here for the local elections, i won't vote for any of them.
The Monster Raving Loony Party has my vote this time round.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:37 PM
The Taxpayers Alliance have called in the police to investigate these claims.
Click here
Becky
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Labradork - don't think this party is still going Screaming Lord Sutch commited suicide a few years ago !!!!! i wonder why ????

I'll vote UKIP or the Green Party, of course they probably won't get in but i'm voting with my feet as they say - maybe if others did this the Government might get the message ??
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Labradork - don't think this party is still going Screaming Lord Sutch commited suicide a few years ago !!!!! i wonder why ????

I'll vote UKIP or the Green Party, of course they probably won't get in but i'm voting with my feet as they say - maybe if others did this the Government might get the message ??
Oooh, didn't know that. Just liked the name.

I think a lot of people will be voting for the 'alternative' parties come the next general election.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:52 PM
It's a scary thought that such a bunch of criminals are running this country
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I'll be voting UKIP because I want to vote (I think it's important) but absolutley don't want to give my support to any of the big parties. Many people I know are doing the same and voting for the smaller parties, if enough people do it it could be interesting.

What really annoys me is that these MP's just don't seem to get why we are so angry. To use the excuse that they were just doing what the rules allowed them to is ridiculous when they are claiming for pool repairs or tennis court repairs.....things that are total luxuries(sp). Surely their morals should have told them this was wrong? Oh sorry, morals and MP don't really belong in the same sentence do they.
It makes me so angry, it's our money, our hard earnt money that they are swindling.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I've come up with a bright idea!!! Why don't we have ALL their expenses claims put online, for all of us to see, and then we can vote to see whether we would allow the claim or not??? Seems legit to me, coz afterall it is OUR money they're claiming from isn't it? We have put whatever party in charge of spending OUR money for the benefit of the Country, so isn't it up to us to have a say in where it actually goes then??? I think so!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've come up with a bright idea!!! Why don't we have ALL their expenses claims put online, for all of us to see, and then we can vote to see whether we would allow the claim or not??? Seems legit to me, coz afterall it is OUR money they're claiming from isn't it? We have put whatever party in charge of spending OUR money for the benefit of the Country, so isn't it up to us to have a say in where it actually goes then??? I think so!!!
That's a brilliant idea lol! Salary at the masses discretion!
Becky
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >